Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renelu14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Salaried employees laws?
    Can an employer insist on you taking a unpaid lunch break to increase your hours of work in a eight hour shift
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2011, 08:16 AM

If you are a salaried employee... yes they can. But not if you are an hourly employee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employees [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employer make a salaried employee work 7 days a week?

As a salaried employee, we are being requested to utilize vacation time during a Holiday shutdown. If we do not have enough vacation time to utilize during this shutdown we have been informed we may borrow from next year. In the past we were allowed to take upaid time off avoiding borrowing from...

Laws for salaried employees [ 5 Answers ]

I am a new salaried employee and not quite sure if my employer is allowed to do this. Recently my company had a shut down for the holidays. All hourly employees were told they would need to take a vacation day or personal/sick day in order to be paid for the days not covered by holiday pay....

Labor laws regarding salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine and I are managers in a restaurant. We are expected to work 55 hours a week and if we miss a day we have to make that day up or have it docked from our pay. However if a manager has to fill in for another manager that misses a day and the absent manager does not make up the day by...

Is it legal for a salaried employee to take unpaid time off?

View more questions Search