Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tearia1999 Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Someome filed a false police report
    I live in Ga and someone filed a fake police report on me saying I wanted to have them killed, the message was sent through a social network, the case was dismissed, but now the police called me and want me and the other person who filed to go in front of the judge to let him decide. Decide what is the question? A detective called me last night and called the other person saying he would have me supeona and no charges are being bought against either one. I we both live in GA. Im currently in the process of moving and they are telling me I'm going to have to come back to GA to go to court. Can someone please explain to me what this is about. This case is 3 yrs old.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 06:48 AM
    This is the guess, In Georgia you can get an indictment started two ways, The DA decides there is enough evidence to move forward and presents it,

But if the DA does not think there is enough evidence, the person can present it to the judge theirself in a hearing.
    So if the judge at this hearing thinks there is enough evidence, to proceed in trial, at the hearing charges will be filed against you. This is a serious hearing, take it that way and have an attorny.

I have to ask about the other case, did you actually go to court and trial in front of a judge ? Or was it dismissed by the DA before trial.

Nov 8, 2011, 01:03 PM
    It was dismissed before by the DA before it went to trial.

Jun 5, 2012, 05:07 AM
    Arrested for Harassing phone calls
    I am back again needing advice. Some of you are familiar with my situation I have with this woman. My husband has a child with this woman when we were separated and now my husband and I are back together. This woman was taking my husband back and forth to jail for child abondament. He was arrested twice for this charge and both charges were dismiss. My husband went through child support when the child was first born to put himself on child support, but the case was closed due to her husband being the legal father. Since then 10/2011 the law has changed and the process started all over and he was ordered to pay child support beginning 1/12. In Dec of 2011 the child came to our house to visit and sleep over. This was Monday Dec 19, 2011. The mother droped the child off around 4 or 5. That same night around 7:30pm my husband left to go to the store and was pulled over by the Sherriff saying there is a child abondament warrant out on him. The child was left with me while he went to the store. When he called me to tell me what was going on, I immedatilaty started calling the child's grandmother so she can get in contact with the child's mother. I called several times, but there was no answer. I decided to take the child to the jail to give the child to the authorities, because me and the child's mother have bad history and me knowing her if I were to keep the child she would falisfy charges on me saying I did harm to the child. The Sherriff had me to call 911 and to continue trying to contact the grandmother, because I did not have the child's mother phone number. I tried to call the grandmother 10 times and the police tried calling the grandmother as well. We could not reach the grandmother. So I went on line to find the child child's mother phone number and I did and gave it to the police to contact her to pick up her child.

Fast forward, one month later my husband received several text messages saying she's sorry for having him arrested and that the child had marks on him from when I had him. The next thing you know there's a warrant out for my arrest for harassing phone calls. All because I tried to contact her mother to get her child out of my care. She's crying to the solicitor trying to make me get jail time saying I've been harassing her for a while and she has a sick child etc. We have been back and forth to court, I have even filed harassing phone call on her dec 2010 showing the court the text messages she sent me bragging about her affair with my husband etc... she's going into my personal life finding out thing about me and my family when I was a child. Her satification is to see me in jail because she can't get what she really wants.

What should I do. Yes, I have a lawyer and we have a copy of my phone records showing I contacted her mother not her and it was the day my husband was arrested for child abondament. I've also given my lawyers every Facebook message she sent to my husband as well as text messages.

My husband is to the point he doesn't want anything to do with the child until he's older because of the things she's doing keep getting the both of us arrested.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 05:31 AM
    I think you all need counselling.

When does the mother (or grandmother) claim you made the harassing phone calls - the night the abandonment charge was filed (the same night the Police were calling the grandmother), some other time?

How would finding things out about you and your family (when you were a child) cause you to be in jail?

It sounds like your Attorneys have the situation under control. I don't know that there's anything you can do at this point. I'm a little confused how the mother knew the child was left in your care when your husband ran out to the store for a few minutes. Was he, in fact, stopped for driving with a suspended license? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...aw-591926.html

Your husband is abandoning his child if he walks away because the mother is unstable. That's what the mother wants (I think).

Unfortunately your husband made a very bad mistake and you are being forced to deal with the consequences of his actions.

You have enough problems, but here's my specific concern. You have another thread on this same subject - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ml#post3140971. In order to understand the situation I have had to go from thread to thread, gathering information.

Concerning your other thread - when you log onto the FIB site you leave a footprint. Maybe this "other woman" is making things up to upset you, maybe not. I'm an investigator. Every now and then someone is convinced I have some secret source. There is no secret source - a TON of info is available on line, plus people post their lives on FB, and people talk.

I have asked that your threads be combined.

Jun 5, 2012, 05:40 AM
    Things she is finding out about me has nothing to do with jail when I was a child. And no she;s not making anything up because the things she has told my lawyer and my husband are all true and I have never aired my business online before. This situation with her is the only things I have put online to get help and advice. The child's mother saying I harassed her mother the night the police was called. She didn't know I had the child until the police finally spoke to her telling her what was going on.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 05:44 AM
    The child's mother cannot bring charges against you for harassing another person - in this case, her mother. Her mother can bring charges, just not her.

So - the allegation is that your husband left the child alone in the house and went out? And he was charged with abandonment and the Police never checked the whereabouts of the child?

You said she is finding out things about your childhood because she wants to see you in jail - that's the part I don't understand.

This is not the only situation you've put on line. Check your other threads.

And, again, the proof is going to make or break this case - you either harassed the woman or you did not and phone records will prove it.

Jun 5, 2012, 05:56 AM
    I know this is not the only information I've put online... everything I've put online is about her. Different situations, but about her. The police reports has her and her mother as the victim, it doesn't say who filed the report. The child abondament charge she had on my husband was filed back in Oct 2011 and he didn't not know about it, until he was pulled over. She knew she filed this charge on him back in Oct, but never told him. The case was dismissed becase the court saw no evidence of him abanding this child. In Ga abondament is considered when you have not support the child for 30 or more. She wants my husband and her to be a family and she feels like of she gets rid of me they can be. Her finding out my information has nothing about this harassing phone calls. I was just stating she trying to find out whatever she can for whatever reasons
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 06:10 AM
    She sounds like a major nut job - have you tried to get a restraining order against her?

Now I understand the abandonment charge. I've seen GA law posted before. That's not the way it works in other places and seems grossly unfair.

And, yes, she's trying to drive you out so she can step in.

I'd have a constant stomach ache, I swear!

Jun 5, 2012, 06:18 AM
    I have tried taking a restraining order out on her, but they are telling me I don't have enough evidence. I have taking out an harrasement warrant out on her. She hired an attorney to to get the warrant reversed and they did. She's using this child saying he's disable and they are feeling sorry for her and believing everything she says with no proof. I have text messages she use to send me dating back to 2010. I'm really tired of fighting and then she thinks its funny because she's made statements such as " im always a step a head of u" and "dont play game with people who canplay them better" if her child was so sick as she claims how do you have so much time on your hand to try to jail me. I went to court for arraignment and she made sure she came to court and talked to the solictor and stayed over after court and talk again to them again.

Jul 18, 2012, 04:35 PM
    False arrest
    I was arrested for harassing phone calls five months ago and I went to court and the charges were dismissed. Can I file charges against the person who had me arrested.

Can I sue her to get my money back from lawyer fees and bonding out of jail?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tearia1999 View Post
    I was arrested for harrasing phone calls five months ago and I went to court and the charges were dismissed. Can I file charges against the person who had me arrested.

Can I sue her to get my money back from lawyer fees and bonding out of jail?

You can try - why were the charges dismissed?

Jul 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Not enough of evidence
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
    I have cleaned up the post and deleted a lot of "answers" that were just argument and some claimed to post the OP name. This is not allowed, anyone doing that again or fighting on this is subject to further action
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2012, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I have cleaned up the post and deleted a lot of "answers" that were just arguement and some claimed to post the OP name. This is not allowed, anyone doing that again or fighting on this is subject to further action

I think this same thing happened before in this same situation, same OP -

At any rate why the word "solicitor" instead of "Attorney?"

Jul 20, 2012, 05:10 AM
    I am confused as what you are talking about "At any rate why the word "solicitor" instead of "Attorney?"
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2012, 05:16 AM
    I am confused as what you are talking about "At any rate why the word "solicitor" instead of "Attorney?"

I believe you refer to someone as a solicitor. In the US law school graduates admitted to the Bar are attorneys. "Solicitor" is the UK description. Wondered why.

Jul 20, 2012, 05:30 AM
    In GA its two people who tries your case and it's either the solicitor who tries misdemeanor cases and the "DA" who tries felonies. So that's the reason I stated "solicitor".

When I was given my court notice it gave me the solicitors name who was handling my case.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2012, 05:49 AM
    In GA its two people who tries your case and it's either the solicitor who tries misdemeanor cases and the "DA" who tries felonies. So that's the reason I stated "solicitor".

When I was given my court notice it gave me the solicitors name who was handling my case.

Got it - a Solicitor appears to work for the Government, such as a Solicitor General. Is that right?

Jul 20, 2012, 05:53 AM
    Yes, that is correct

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport and visa police report and medical report [ 3 Answers ]

I meant a lady that id like to have come to the usa and I need to know the price of a visa passport ,police report and medical report any help p,lease

What to do about a false police report filed against you? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently found out my son (16) was using Marijuana. So I banned the group of kids he was hanging around from my home, then started attending family counseling sessions with my 2 teenage sons. Things appeared to be getting better. Until... one of the young men that is no longer allowed at my...

How much time can you get for filing 2 false police reports in PA? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex was drunk and he called the cops at 1am stating I came over his house and punched him. At 3:30 am he called them back saying that I cut him with a knife. I have an alibi for these times. I also live over an hour away with 2 children. The officer who went out did not fully believe him and when...

Letter to police for police report to insurance for my claims [ 2 Answers ]

I had an accident with my car while I was driving from my house to work. The other Driver admit his fault and we call the police to take the normal proceduer.After going through everything have now been ask by the police to write a letter to him asking a police report which I will used to ask for...

Failure to report auto and false report form to probation officer [ 3 Answers ]

I know now what my probation officer is charging me with failure to report a truck that was purchased for me and saying a false report forms and failure to report What can happen to me

View more questions Search