Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    courtdocserver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 09:58 AM
    Expungement
    I was a convicted of larceny and forgery 16 years ago. I was sentenced to 4years 11 months at Fort Knox RCF. The crime was for about $1500 in credit card theft. I was young and dumb. I just want to clear it so I can move furthur in my career. What do I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Were you dishonorably discharged? Are you asking about the discharge or the theft?

Your criminal record is, unfortunately, permanent. I would think that if you've been law abiding for 16 years that past record will not matter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2011, 05:16 PM
    This appears to be a military charge, and I am not sure how it works in the military, my best suggestion, is to hire an attorney who is experienced in this area of law and find out what can be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expungement in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

Okay here is my problem. I was arrested in 1998 in Georgia for obstruction of a officer without force. At arraignment I said not guilty. In 2004 I was arrested for contempt of court. I never received any court papers to go to court. 3 days later I was arrested for burglary by my b.f. but he dropped...

Expungement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi What if I go to the visa interview after expungement ? Is there any chances of re opening the case ? Is it safe if I re open the case and what I am elligeble even after I reopen the casse for expungement ? :confused:

Expungement Denied [ 5 Answers ]

Filed an expungement for 3 old cases (3+ years old) in CA. Auto burglary in '92, domestic violence and assult in '05. No probations. Judge denied the expungement request, gave no reason. I don't know why. I wrote the judge a letter asking, got no response. Can I refile or appeal? Any suggestions?

Expungement of my record [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Keisha and I'm a student in colleges majoring in forensic chemistry. I also have a background history with 3 arrested. Two Class C an a felony, I want to know is it possible for me to expunge my record an work in the forensic field? Are what can I do?:confused:

View more questions Search