Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakeishia25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Expungement of my record
    Hi, My name is Keisha and I'm a student in colleges majoring in forensic chemistry. I also have a background history with 3 arrested. Two Class C an a felony, I want to know is it possible for me to expunge my record an work in the forensic field? Are what can I do?:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 05:08 AM
    Hello Keisha:

I MAY be possible if you were convicted of those crimes, and if your state has provisions for expungement. Arrests are not expunged, but they are not discoverable on a background check. You're going to need a lawyer, though.

Expunging your record only hides it. The cops will see it if you're intending to work for them. If you want to get RID of your record totally, apply for a pardon.

Both are going to require at least 10 years criminal free conduct.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long for an expungement? [ 3 Answers ]

About how long does it take to have your record expunged? And are there any reasons it wouldn't go through if all requirements have been met? The paperwork was never filed by an attorney, the court had information on how to do it on the website without one... was it wise NOT to use an attorney?

Expungement Laws [ 3 Answers ]

What agencies (besides government) are able to see an expunged record? Specifically, do the airlines have access to expunged records?

Expungement for a felon [ 1 Answers ]

I have a felony charge from 6 yrs. Ago... what and who do I need to contact in regards to trying to get expungement for the crime?

Criminal law; expungement [ 3 Answers ]

I am starting truck driving school; to obtain cdl certificate. I have a felony from 1973, that has been expunged from my records. I have had two online background checks done and neither of them found my record. The charge was for, possession of an illegal substance. Should I list the conviction or...

View more questions Search