Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmdimarco23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 11:26 AM
    Torn Between Two..
    So I'm 17 years old and about a week ago I got out of a 2 year relationship. This relationship wasn't the greatest but I was in love. We had rough times but over this past summer it was amazing. As soon as school started though he started to treat me really bad. He ditched me all the time and would ignore me sometimes for his friends. I put up with it and stayed with him through it hoping he would change.

But the one day last week him and I had plans to hang out after school. So I called him after school and he was like why don't we just hang out later and you can stay over or something. And this doesn't seem like a big deal really but if you knew how he was then you'd know that it was. So I finally said it was enough and told him I was done and then ignored him all day.

That same day, I meant another guy. And I really never expected it to turn out like this but it did. But as soon as the first guy realized that I didn't care anymore he started to care. And now that he knows I am talking to someone else he really wants me back. He cries to me and tries everything he can. But this kid that I meant is the sweetest. He treats me so good and does everything for me. I can trust him and I have a lot of fun with him.

But whenever I think about my boyfriend of two years I still get sick to my stomach sometimes and cry and sometimes when I'm laying there with the second boy I think about the first and it doesn't feel right. But then at other times it feels perfect. And I really have no idea which one to choose. I don't know what to do. I'm so confused over this... Please help.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Sweetheart, you feel this way as it's too soon to move on. You need to work on self healing before you consider a new relationship.

A once heard that it takes about half the amount of time you were together, to get over that person. Now that IS rather a lot, but I'd at least give it a few months. Concentrate on school, and go out with your mates.

X Dani
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2011, 04:13 PM
    I think you got with the new guy before you got the old one out of your system. You didn't take time for a proper healing.

What you have to do is slow down and take time, and be honest about it with the new guy. That at least will give you time to clear up old feelings by doing fun things with friends and family and activities.

Then you can start fresh, and ENJOY the new guy all the time. I am not saying dump him, but have a healthy balance of other things you enjoy, besides him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am torn! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I'll try to make a long story short here. Okay, I've been with my man for 15 years we have 1 child and are normally pretty happy he began drinking about 5 years ago and when he drinks he becomes violent in ways such as throwing things and breaking things around my home, he becomes mentally...

Torn between the two [ 1 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for a year he already had a girlfriend when I met him. He went away for 7 months I met someone else but I still love him and he still have feelings for me He also still have this same girlfriend I just want to know if I should let us go or just let us be:confused:...

I'm torn and don't know what to do [ 27 Answers ]

Ok, I've been seeing this guy since the middle of February. When we met he told me he was living with a girl and that their relationship was not working out and he was still staying there until he could get into his own place. We were dating and going out all the time and doing things together. ...

Torn [ 15 Answers ]

Hi my name is carmela, I am 38 years old and been married for twenty years to the same man. We have four children together. Recently I have been having these strong attraction feeling with a male friend of ours that I known for 10 years. When I first met the my friend we click instant we are both...

Torn about my ex-gf [ 7 Answers ]

I broke up with my girlfriend about 5 months ago. We broke up mainly because she was starting a new school and would be very busy. We both still had feelings for each other, and there were some moments after the break up where we almost did get back together, but for some reason or another...

View more questions Search