Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harvey Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2004, 08:44 PM
    Diamonds as electrical conductors
    Will a diamond conduct electricity and, if so, how good a conductor is it?
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 15, 2004, 06:30 AM
    No, diamond is an insulator.
    Sinthyia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2005, 02:38 PM
    They transmit the energy/
    There is such thing they are DVD diamonds,synethic diamonds at that. You might want to look into that for more precise info. Just like ruby's are used for the infared light. The dvd diamond can transmit the information though green light which is a faster component. This is more for computer technology. Diamonds give off heat. And if they are sysnethic there cut in different angles to trasmit information through the green light which is faster than the infared beam. New technology.
    I did a report on this in high school and proved my physics teacher wrong that diamonds do in fact give off heat. (keep in mind synethic diamonds) there calling dvd diamonds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Work? [ 5 Answers ]

Is it pretty much standard procedure for a construction company to have a non-licensed person do electriccal work then have a licensed electrician check it to make sure it's done right and sign for the work?

Electrical [ 3 Answers ]

1. What determines the ampacity of a wire? 2. what is the maximum spacing between supports for rigid nonmetallic conduit trade size of a. 1 inch b. 2 inch ? 3.what is the difference between type AC and type ACT atmored cables?

Electrical Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a 20 amp circuit for my frig outlet in the basement. I would like to install a recessed 6" IC Halo fixture on this circuit. To do so, can I use a 14/2 gauge wire or should I use a 12/2 wire which is meant for the 20 amp circuit?

Electrical & Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay St. Regis ceiling fan but no directions. Can I get a copy?

Al service conductors... Special Procedures? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I hope you can point me in the right direction. I have seen two references in books to special procedures with Al service conductors. I'm installing 4/0 AL for a 200A service. I understand you have to retourque the terminations a day after installing, and that it's good to use an...

View more questions Search