Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truman242 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2011, 10:50 AM
    Should I seek legal advice? For Residential Custody Battle
    I have recently left my boyfriend of 6 years, we have one daughter together. The day that I left he filed for residential and joint custody of the child. He feels that her best interest is to live with him. He also lives with 3 other members of the family and the environment is unstable for her. Unfortunately, She goes to school at the same city he lives in and has lived in that house for three years. On the other hand, I also have a place for her in another city with my parents who are very peaceful and quiet loving people. I have always had her most of the time since she was born, we both work swing shift and work at the same location. In my opinion, I think she should live with me. Should I seek legal advice? Is he most likely going to be granted residential custody of her?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2011, 11:54 AM
    Residential custody? I'm thinking you aren't in the USA. Could you tell us where you are?

But I definitely would recommend getting legal council. I.E. Lawyer or Solicitor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Where you are at, means a lot. If there is no reason the father can not or will not be a good parent, he has good chance of getting custody. I would ask, for the courts will , why the child is there now, you must have felt it was best ? Or you would have taken the child with you
    klh417 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Legal advice could never hurt. It will make the decisions a little easier and you can be assured that you are within your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is a little embarressing but... I wanted to seek advice before calling doctor [ 6 Answers ]

For the last three days I have been having to pee a lot. Well it started normal and now it hurts to pee and burns. I have to get up like 3 times every ten minutes and I don't know if it's a UTI or not. HELP

Has anyone had to seek legal advise over 02 billing? [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone had to seek legal advise over 02 billing? I already took the complaint to otelo but I'm still unhappy with the outcome. Anyone else been in similar situation?

What is the legal statute of limitations to seek payment of damages incurred [ 1 Answers ]

If you make a payment on damages you caused can the other party come after you after more than 1 year later to make further claim on the damages.

Custody Battle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. My husband has a daughter with a another woman from a previous relationship. The mother of the little girl was involved in domestic violence and the court gave temporary custody to the my mother-in-law. My husband and I currently live out of state and he only gets to see her about...

Should I seek custody or guardianship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Houston, Texas and my husband and I have been raising our granddaughter since she was five months old. My son, her father was arrested and asked us to take care of her while he was incarcerated. He and the mother broke up and since the mother hasn't been in her life. She has...

View more questions Search