Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Nov 24, 2010, 06:35 AM
    This is a little embarressing but... I wanted to seek advice before calling doctor
    For the last three days I have been having to pee a lot. Well it started normal and now it hurts to pee and burns. I have to get up like 3 times every ten minutes and I don't know if it's a UTI or not. HELP
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 06:40 AM

It does indeed sound like a uti. Time to phone the doctor. Until you get in try drinking some cranberry juice.

Don't know where you live, but try looking in the pharmacy for AZO, it should help the pain, but be forewarned... it till turn your urine orange and stain your underwear.

Nov 24, 2010, 06:55 AM

Thanks is Cranberry grapejuice OK? I actually may not be able to get to the doc till next week I hoipe they have an opening
    Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 06:58 AM

Nope. Has to be 100% cranberry. OceanSpray is the best.

Nov 24, 2010, 07:03 AM

OK thanks, as soon as I get the apointment Ill be better
    redmam7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
    You deffinitely have what sounds like a classic UTI. It is important to avoid sugary drinks so stick to water and 100% cranberry juice. AZO and cranberry capsules (walgreens has these) can help alleviate the pain but not if you have a severe infection. You need antibiotics to get rid of a UTI so go see a doctor or an urgent care center ASAP. If you have antibiotics at home (from your last flu/cold) that are not expired you could try taking them to see if that does it but be warned that taking rx that aren't prescribed can be risky. Also, they usually give you really strong antibiotics for a UTI so a low grade Rx might not get rid of it.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redmam7 View Post
    If you have antibiotics at home (from your last flu/cold) that are not expired you could try taking them to see if that does it
    Bad advice. This is what causes antibiotic resistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice wanted re depression [ 21 Answers ]

I am currently feeling like ummm blah I guess. I want to be alone with only the internet and my games on it. I don't want to talk to people in RL or even be in the same room with anyone I have even started pondering the meaning of life and why we live. It is starting to make sense to me that we...

Opinions/Advice wanted re- crying Baby [ 16 Answers ]

My Son is married and lives in a terraced house in the town, apparently his neighbour had a baby approx June/July last year, meaning she is now almost one year old. My Son is becoming increasingly concerned because this Baby seems to be left to cry for hours, literally, I have been at his home...

What should I do with her? (dating advice wanted) [ 8 Answers ]

I’m 19 currently a freshmen in collage. Just about two days ago on a weekend I went into class to finish an art project in my spare time, a junior girl about a five minutes later came in the door, grabbed her stuff to work on and then sat at my table. We were the only two in the room. She started...

Teen advice wanted [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 yr old step daughter who my wife and I are needing advice on. She has been diagnosed with adhd and anxiety. She currently takes zoloft to control both symptoms. We have recently found out that she has tried hard drugs before, but that she hasn't since she was about 14. However,...

Advice Wanted [ 2 Answers ]

I have an E-Machine-533 MHz-256 SDRAM, its as high as I can update it without changing motherboard etc.I am wondering whether to use Windows XP or Windows 2000?I only surf the web and email.Btw 8.4 H.D. :)

View more questions Search