Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sanaz13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Lobe piercing
    I pierced my left horizontal lobe last week by gun, its painfull and it has a little swelling and redness ,I can not rotate it easily because my hands are numb I'm afraid of infection so bad , she told me to clean it by alcohol now I know about sea salt but I don't know how to use it , should I see my family dr ? Or its still soon , because infection has more than infection side effect for my medical condition
    Tnx for the replys
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Sep 6, 2011, 12:24 PM
    Firstly, how could your horizontal lobe of been done by gun? The guns only hold small jewelry, not a barbell.

Secondly, you shouldn't of gotten it done with a gun, who knows what infections you could've picked up!

Thirdly, do not clean any piercing with alcohol; it dries out the skin and not only kills the bad bacteria but kills the good bacteria too. Your doctor will not know anything about piercings, they are not there to give you advice on piercing aftercare.. that is what professional piercers are for.. which by the sounds of it, the one you went to was not!

What is your medical condition? If you knew you were more prone to infection why did you get it done at a place that pierces with guns!

Sea salt soaks:
    -1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to 1/2 pint hot water.
    -This method works best when used with hot but not boiling water.
    -Soak a cotton pad with the saline solution and place on the piercing for 5 minutes (until it
    Starts to cool down).
    -Soak the piercing for 10 minutes with a new cotton pad, making sure the water is warm at all times. This
    Draws any of the impurities or trapped fluid out of the piercing.
    -An antibacterial solution should be used to clean this area such as antibacterial soap (Provon, Satin or Antibac) which should then be rinsed off with CLEAN water thoroughly.
    -This can be repeated a few times a week to heal a piercing, but when treating a
    Problematic piercing, twice a day is preferable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wants a cartalige piercing but also wants anouther lobe piercing. Which one? [ 2 Answers ]

Wich one do u think will look classy for me! I'm eleven. And what should I get it pierced with a needle or gun? X

Re-piercing ear lobe [ 1 Answers ]

This may be the wrong topic, but here goes: I had my ears pierced many years ago, but I haven't worn earrings on a steady basis. The left one was most frequently sore, so last week I inserted an earring into my right ear. It bled a bit on the right lobe, but I soldiered on, putting an earring in...

Painfull lump behind each ear lobe ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi folks I am a 38 yr old bloke ,don`t really like going to see my doc as I am sure they have too much on their hands as it is. Last week I noticed a small pea sized lump behind my right ear where my ear lobe joins my face,I thought it was a spot or an insect bite as I picked it and squeezed...

I have a lump behind my ear lobe [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump behind my ear lobe that is quite big. It is sore but I cannot squeeze anything out of it. I have tried bathing it with hot salt water but this does nothing. I think it is some sort of boil but how can I get rid of it.

View more questions Search