Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurenzie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Adding my name to my boyfriend's house deed/title?
    My boyfriend owns his house outright (it was an inheritance and already paid off when he got it), but we need substantial repairs and there is back property tax owed. I have a good job and credit, he does not. We would like my name added to the deed so we can get a mortgage under my name to pay these back taxes and get the much-needed home improvements. I am concerned about gift tax because of transfer of ownership. Is this a foregone conclusion, or is there some way I can avoid a nasty surprise come April?

Check out some similar questions!

Adding someone to the deed of your house [ 3 Answers ]

How would my husband add me to the deed of his house? Is there an approval or denial process based on my credit standing? What steps should he take to add me to the deed? I

Adding my wife's name to the deed for my house [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently married and I would like to add my wife's name to the deed for the house. There is still a mortgage on the house. What is the best way to go about it?

Adding someone to a house deed [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a house and paid cash. The deed is in my name only right now. My fiancé wants me to add him to the deed because he says it will help both our credits (they arnt the greatest right now)as far as getting a home inprovement loan. Banks have told us it will help us also. I love him dearly...

Adding my name to the house deed [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married and living in our home for 7 years, yet my name is still not our house deed. Whenever I question my husband about it, he states adding my name to the deed alone will weaken his credit rating (I do not have a lot of established credit), and he has no intentions of adding my name...

Adding a name to a house deed [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently got married. He purchased our home is his name before we got married. Now that we are married we want to add my name as well. What do we need to do this and where do we go to do it?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.