Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Autumn010610 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 07:32 PM
    I am marrying a soldier. Will they allow me to relocate to protect my daughter?
    I have a PFA against my daughter's father because he is mentally and physically abusive. We share legal custody but I have primary physical custody. He is supposed to have visitation 2 days a week and hasn't taken her on his days in about 8 months. Unless he and I are on speaking terms, two months ago he violated the PFA by putting his hands on me. He hasn't paid support in almost a year and I am getting married to an Army man that is stationed in Korea for two years. I filed a petition to take legal rights away and visitation and for permission to relocate to Korea. Now he is getting a lawyer and fighting me. I'm desperate for some help. I can't afford an attorney and he has already taken so much away from me. I don't want to lose my chance of happiness and being with my husband who has promised to be a better father than her real father has ever been. My daughter's father is currently on house arrest for 6 months and probation for an additional 6 months for furnishing liquor to minors and was sentenced 6 months on mental health probation for violating the pfa. What are my chances of being able to relocate and be with my husband?

Check out some similar questions!

How can I legally protect my daughter? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my daughter's mother were never married. My name is on the birth certificate. Her mother and I are gay. We have a verbal 50/50 (four days on, four days off) custody agreement that has been in place for all 5 years of my daughter's life. We share financial responsibility equally. My...

How do I prevent my daughter from marrying a pathological liar? [ 6 Answers ]

My 24 year old daughter is engaged to a fellow who I am afraid is a pathological liar. It started with exaggerations, then it turned into small lies. Now he is telling big out and out lies about my wife, that are driving a wedge between her and my daughter. My daughter has strong feelings for...

Confused by my soldier [ 6 Answers ]

I need some advice. I dated a soldier for six months last year. I never fell so hard for anyone before in my life. I am in my mid 30's and have been in long term relationships before but this guy just sent me over the moon. 4 months before his deployment, poof gone with the wind. I was so broken...

Soldier in Iraq [ 7 Answers ]

So my friend is in iraq fighting the war. I sent him care packages and emails ever since he left. We are just friends and always will be just friends. So anyway his girlfriend has his password to his email account and lately has been checking his emails. She read his mom's email to him, his sister...

Can I protect my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I just wanted to say thank you for your help. The advice has been useful.:)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.