Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michfan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 08:16 PM
    EEOC problem
    What type of Resignation Letter do/should I do when my employer refuses to answer my request for a reasonable accomondation and continues to make my job harder since I returned from FMLA? I have a disability that I gave my employer three years ago and the Executive Director acknowled the disability and allowed me to have reasonable accomondations. Nothing was written down nor did the Director place my medical information in my file. Three years later I was written up for using my accomondation by a new director. I was forced to stop using my accomondations and less then two weeks I was placed on FMLA. Since my return, the Director and HR refuses to discuss this matter with me. I requested through an email accomondations to HR, they acknowledge the email but writing back to me, but said nothing about accomondations. I am struggling at work and I am going to quit. Can I give a constructive resignation letter or due I resign under discrimination. Right now I have a EEOC complaint filed and waiting for the investigation to be completed. Any suggestions will help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2011, 08:21 PM

An attorney and file a law suit against them for discrimination.

Contact the old manager and get a statement from him that he had approved the change in work duties or equipment.

Were you able to perform the job properly and completely with your accomidation ?
    michfan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Yes I was. I worked 53 days in a row without a day off. I also worked 37 days in a row without a day off. I had only 24 days off in 8 months. That averages 3 days per month. Now I have a hard time doing a regular work week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does an EEOC charge show up when a employer does a background check? [ 0 Answers ]

I filed an age discrimination charge through the EEOC and it was settled. Would that be on an employer's background check report?

Eeoc claims [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a filed a claim against my employer for racial and gender. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I have all the evidence and witnesses. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am doing this so I...

EEOC & Racial Discrimination [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a claim filed in Phoenix against AAA of Arizona. This is the auto service club that changes tires, tows, etc. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am...

View more questions Search