Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Eeoc claims
    Hi,

I have a filed a claim against my employer for racial and gender. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I have all the evidence and witnesses. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am doing this so I know what my claim is worth and what I should ask for. Can you tell me where I can find this kind of information, or do you know yourself? I need this info ASAP so I would appreciate your answer as soon as possible. Thanks for your time.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 08:55 PM

Have you contacted an employment law attorney, they often take cases similar to this on a contingency (don't pay unless settled) basis. They would be the best to notify you of how much a settlement will be worth and without representation you are probably at an unfortunate disadvantage.

If you need to evaluate your case's merit, there are many factors to consider. Loss wages, damages, what settlement are like for the jurisdiction you will be under if you pursue this to a trial.

How long do you have until mediation? Have you contacted any counsel?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 08:55 PM

Most often I have seen them drag the case out for years and years, I know one race case,

And honestly most are hard to prove.

And what were your losses, lower pay, lost job or what
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 06:47 AM

Hello t:

Damages for an employee with a six figure income would be more than for a guy who sweeps the floor.

So, although it may take some time, please give us the details of your situation... Not the STORY, the DETAILS.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 06:50 AM

Yes, I myself had a EEOC case against a nursing home the settlement in that case was a formal letter saying they were sorry, a published letter in the newspaper and the ability to do what we were not allowed to do, there was no "MONEY" settlement, since the case merely gave up back what we were denied.

So many many cases are not money makers they mererly fix the issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

Guy claims my mom hit his car [ 7 Answers ]

My mom pulled into a gas station, backed up into position, and as she put it "brushed against the pump hose." She got out of the car and casually checked it out before pumping gas, and the guy behind her said "you just hit my car." He then pointed to a large dent in the front hood of his car. My...

EEOC & Racial Discrimination [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a claim filed in Phoenix against AAA of Arizona. This is the auto service club that changes tires, tows, etc. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am...

View more questions Search