Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pushy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Is there such a thing as loving two people at the same time?
    Is it possible that you could be in Love with both your husband and ex?:confused:
    march357 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2007, 08:58 PM
    No-I think you can have residual feelings for your ex (as I do) but that isn't "being in love" That's more history. You shared memories good and bad with your ex and if you were together a long time(?) or had kids(?) that adds to it. And if HE left you rather than visa versa... then you're going to feel abandoned and always question what you did wrong. Or if you could change would he still want you?
    Let me tell you, I was married 14yrs to a man who became verbally abusive and threatening. He then had several affairs(unknown to me) and then tole ME he wanted a divorce! It's been 5yrs since the divorce. And I can say I am actually now happily divorced. But a small(very small) part of me misses his friendship and the few good moments we had. That's natural. I DON'T miss the lying, cheating or abuse.
    The fact that you remarried tells me you must have loved your current husband (I hope) Maybe there are issues in your current marriage that remind you of your ex? Or if your current marriage is having problems maybe you're just reminiscing about the past and avoiding the present? Just do me a favor and don't act on any feelings with your ex. BAD NEWS. If you're having problems in your current marriage, work from WITHIN the marriage. Get counseling. Talk about it.
    Your question left a lot unanswered so I can only speculate. But from someone who's been there, been in pain and feeling lost and lonely... there is hope. List to your HEAD not your heart right now. Be strong and I wish you all the best!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 09:08 PM
    You can love some memories of your ex, but ex's are ex's for a reason, and over time we often forget those and remember good things and forget the other issues.

If you are having issues, then you as mentioned need counseling, since your husband deserves your full attention and full love, not to compete with a memory
    pushy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Thinking aloud-- just wondering if learning not to love the ex would be an option? :o
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 13, 2007, 10:49 PM
    There must be void that needs to be filled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop loving my ex [ 124 Answers ]

Someone please help! I divorced my husband 10 years ago because he made me choose between my marriage and our unborn child. I choose our child and had a beautiful baby girl alone. Since then my ex has kept me on the back burner with promises that one day we will be together. Last weekend I...

Is there such thing as a limited time to conceive? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi yes I was just wondering some reasons besides infertility that you might have a certain time frame you'd have to conceive in. I'm going into the doctor to see what's going on with me since I am 28 years old and it seems like I just can't conceive. One of my friends was told by there doctor that...

Loving someone for their money? [ 45 Answers ]

OK.. when I love someone, I know that I love them for them. I'd say that I'm a nice guy, with good moral values, etc, etc. However recently I have noticed that I react differently to girls with money (with really rich parents). Like... its hard to explain it but I just want to love those type of...

In Loving Memory. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am posting this in Other Family & People, instead of Pets & Animals, because our 12 yrs old mixed breed housedog, terrior-poodle, Molly, was our "home" family. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live about 4 hours drive away. I am hoping this well help me, and I know my wife has been...

View more questions Search