Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nfacciolo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Bubbling basement toilet
    When the washer, in the basement discharges or the dishwasher upstairs in the kitchen discharges the toilet in the basement "birps", a big bubble and the water in that toilet rises to the top. I shut off the water at the shut off and flushed it a couple of times and it drained fine. From what I have read it sounds like the vent is partially plugged or there is a blockage somewhere. Should I call a plumber and have him snake the system? I don't know if it matters but I just replaced a faucet (2-handle) in the kitchen sink. The hot water whistled when it was on a while, I turned down the pressure at the shut off and that seemed to solve that part of the problem. Any suggestions. Thanks
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
    The "birps" and the bubbling you describe are usually indicative of a partially clogged drain.

Also, if the water pressure at the kitchen sink was high enough to whistle -- Then you should consider having a pressure reducing valve installed just after the shut-off and an expansion tank installed at the hot water tank location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbling Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing in spite of a bubbling toilet. My husband and I just can’t get this one figured out! Our toilet has been bubbling for maybe close to a month now. So this past weekend we tried to fix the unknown problem. We have a city sewer system in case that helps you to help me. Anyhow, we...

Toilet Bubbling [ 1 Answers ]

When The Washer Drains, It Causes The Toilet To Bubble And Drain Itself. On The Second Drain Out From The Washer, The Toilet Will Bubble Again, But Then The Soapy Water Also Slightly Backs Up Into The Bath Tub. We Have Already Run An Auger Through The Main Valve On The Outside Of The House. This...

Toilet bubbling [ 1 Answers ]

I Just purchased a 55 year old house. The upstairs toilet bowl was empty for some reason but the tank was full. This toilet was disgusting so I replaced it. I have noticed that when I flush this new toilet on the upper floor a large air bubble comes out of the toilet bowl in the toilet in the...

Toilet Bowl bubbling in basement bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

It was raining last night and I was in the basement and I saw the basement toilet bowl bubbling.The bathroom is located in the front of the house,by the wall of the house where the outside gutters are located. Is it possible that my outside waste gutters are connected to the bathroom toilet waste...

Bubbling from toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single story slab home. Washing machine in attached garage. Two bathrooms with the toilets backed up to each other on the same wall. Also city sewer. I notice every 3-6 months, I'll notice 2 problems, not necessarily at the same time. 1.) I'll wake up and notice that my bathtub is...

View more questions Search