Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Springtail Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Make it easier
    Ok so then what do I do when I run into him like at the store or something it is going to be really hard to just ignore him especially if he is going to my church. Anyway why does it hurt so much. I guess he was my first love. I love him a lot. People expect me to just get over it in a day but that's not going to happen. What can I do to make it easier me for me to get over him. It also hurts when my mom talks about him which that is about to change when I move out.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Yes, it is hard to get over someone but you've got to do it nevertheless. Politely ask your mom not to talk about him in your presence. Also you need to have no contact with him whatsoever. No calls, no IM's, no e-mails, nothing. I wouldn't worry about running into him at the store or anything like that, after all, how likely is that to happen? As for church, consider attending a different church. If that's not possible then just sit away from him and don't socialize with him.
    Springtail Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    Yes, it is hard to get over someone but you've got to do it nevertheless. Politely ask your mom not to talk about him in your presence. Also you need to have no contact with him whatsoever. No calls, no IM's, no e-mails, nothing. I wouldn't worry about running into him at the store or anything like that, after all, how likely is that to happen? As for church, consider attending a different church. If that's not possible then just sit away from him and don't socialize with him.
    Well I am not attending another church just because he goes but OK thank you I guess
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 07:36 PM
    The only way to make it easy when bumping into him is for you both to have some closure. Be grown ups, have a chat, say goodbye properly and wish each other good luck. Then if you do bump into each other at the very least you can acknowledge each other in a friendly manner by nodding.

Relationships don't end they just change - you can decide to be friends or you can decide to be enemies. But you can't make him disappear like he was never there in your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 08:56 AM
    As time goes by it will bother you a lot less as the hurt is still fresh to you, so be polite and brief and it will be better as you get on with your own life. Sometimes we cannot avoid uncomfortable situations but we can develop skills in handling them in a positive way. Takes time though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hairballs can I make them easier for my cat [ 2 Answers ]

is there anything I can do for my poor longhaired cat. Those hairballs are coming about 2x per week and they look so awful for her. I have been giving her whiskas catmilk and it has helped slow them down but is there anything else I can do for her?

Which sort of breakup is easier to get over/ what went wrong? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all.. I posted about 2 weeks ago saying my girlfriend needed a break... I kept minimal contact with her (2 msges a day) and 2 days ago, I got a letter from her saying that she wants to break up and she's sorry.. the reason being she couldn't cope with the stress of all the arguments and...

Make up [ 13 Answers ]

Hi Could anyone tell mew were I could buy glittery eye shadow like this http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/limecrime/orientalglitter.jpg I've looked in beauty shops and can't find any.. what websites could I find this and buy from?

Go to him or make him come to me? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a guy a few weeks ago who asked me out. I thought he was cute and nice so I said yes. We tried to get together a few times but it just never happened. Then we made a date for him to meet up with us to double with my friend and her date. He never showed or called. He finally called the next...

Make up [ 1 Answers ]

I have to live as a woman for a while to win a bet. Because of some limitations I have to do make up myself. Can you guide me how do I do it step by step?

View more questions Search