Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhg1976 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 05:14 PM
    My mother wants to fight and I am scared
    Please help. My mother is to controlling ang drunk all the time. I am scared
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 05:16 PM

How old are you and if are still in school you have to talk to your teacher or a counsellor in the school. Have you done that? Have you talked to anyone else?

Tick
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 06:25 PM

What does she do when she's drunk? Is she violent?

Where's your father?

Do you have a sober adult that you can talk to about this?
    MightyMarcus Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 10:27 PM
    Move away and don't look back. Forget her or talk to her/get her help. Try your hardest to get to her for one last time and if it doesn't work,shut her out.
    Pets Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMarcus View Post
    Move away and don't look back. Forget her or talk to her/get her help. Try your hardest to get to her for one last time and if it doesn't work,shut her out.
    This would be good advice if the OP is an adult, but since we don't know his/her age, we can't expect her to follow this advice. The OP could be 11 years old, 15 years old, heck, he/she could be less then 9 years old.

So, if the OP is too young to move away, what's your advice then?
    MightyMarcus Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 09:54 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Well that is why when you join this website,they tell you to be as specific as possible. I got an adult vibe from that person so I answered accordingly but you are right, the person may be one of our younger members of society.
    This person could tell a teacher,the police,a friend and that friends parents etc. Those people would probably be willing to help.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 10:44 AM

Assuming you are a minor, please go to another trusted adult and ask them to help you get out of the home. A grandparent, aunt or uncle, your minister, school counselor, a neighbor - be direct and ask them what you want them to do. For example, "my mother is an alcoholic and out of control - I am affraid of her. Can you help me get out of her house so she can get help and I can be safe?" You may be able to live with relatives or a foster situation while your mother gets treatment, and she'll be forced to get that treatment if she wants you back.

She might be really mad at first, but as she gets away from the alcohol she'll understand more, so don't worry so much about that for now. Just get in a safe situation.

Even in the summer you may be able to go to your school - often the principals and people like that have to work through the summer, and I'm sure if they are there you could talk to them and they would help. They are required to help in such situations.

Best wishes - let us know how things are going for you.
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2011, 05:41 PM

Well that is why when you join this website,they tell you to be as specific as possible. I got an adult vibe from that person so I answered accordingly but you are right, the person may be one of our younger members of society.
    This person could tell a teacher,the police,a friend and that friends parents etc. Those people would probably be willing to help.
    It would be nice if the OP was specific. Heck, we don't even know if the OP is male or female.

You got an adult vibe from the post, I got a child vibe. Otherwise why would the OP have to put up with the abuse? Only a child has no option to leave. An adult can leave whenever he/she wants. An adult wouldn't be scared. An adult could find a way to deal with this.

Sadly the OP hasn't come back, and probably won't, so we'll most likely never know what's going on, or any specifics. Heck, for all we know this is just a made up story. Happens more then we'd like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

28 yr old mother scared [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 yr old and a 5 yr old. I nursed my youngest for only 7 and half months. I still have milk and I don't understand why. Also I do not take birth control. I have for the past 6 months have been having 2 periods a month. They are very painfull with lots of clotting and dark bleeding. Also...

My mother and my boyfriend had a HUGE fight! [ 22 Answers ]

Okay so pretty much here's what happened. The fight was pretty much about me. So sorry about the essay, I'm just going nuts. Kay here's a little pre-fight so that everyone understands what it was about. My mom, my brother and I usually go to this renaissance festival at least once a year every...

My mother has twisted everything I said in the fight we had! [ 1 Answers ]

OK, here it goes... me and my fiancé had gotten into an argument the other day and I went with my two children to stay at my mothers house while he was at work that night. I spent the night at my mothers and that night that I was there I had asked her if she would sit the children while me and...

Scared Mother [ 3 Answers ]

My oldest son is 18 almost 19 years old. He went to DJJ for breaking into several homes in our neighborhood. My son is very smart maybe too smart. After he was in DJJ for a couple of months they sent him to the Mental Hospital where he was diagnosed with Bipolar. He came home after being in a...

View more questions Search