Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spoiledangel Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Want a divorce
    Hello I've been married for five months now separated for two. My husband is 15 years older than me (he's35, im20) I'm three months pregnant and we want to get a divorce. Now the problem is that he is the one that works I was waiting to go to school and he got upset because we had a lot of problems (he has a four year old daughter and didn't like my family) and he told me to leave with my mother after the fourth time I did I was tired of crying and afraid I would lose my baby so l left and now it seems he wants to file for abandonment and I don't know if that will affect me in anyway even though it isn't true in actuality he kicked me out even though he doesn't except it and says he has no reason to send me anything for the baby now but when the baby is born he wants every right over it and I don't know what to do. He's not a bad father to the existing daughter but he wasn't that great to me and so far if the baby eats or doesn't or is born is my problem if it weren't for my mother I wouldn't even have a doctor.:confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Find yourself an attorney. Usually, there is no charge for an initial consultation. Explain your situation. He/she will guide you as to what to do next.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I wonder what possessed you to marry this loser in the first place. Oh well what's done is done. As Ruby said, hire an attorney to protect your rights and more importantly your child's rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I am from IOWA. I have recently been served with divorce papers. How many days do I have to contest the divorce?

Divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Can you divorce a spouse who is in a comatose state?

Cause of Divorce? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I have a very bad situation on my hands. See, I'm 13 and my parents MIGHT get a divorce because of me. See, I saw my mom doing somwthing that she shouldn't have been doing (making out with a friend of her and my dad's when she was drunk) and I told my dad because I was scared and confused. ...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has filed for divorce and we've been separated since June, 2003. He's not provided any support for me or my three children. I can't afford an attorney. Any free resources available on what I need to do? I've responded to the suit, but he's filed for joint custody and my children do...

View more questions Search