Ask
    harddone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Can I use CLR in lined toilet tank
    Can I use clr in a lined toilet tank?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Most liners are polymeric substances, poly propylene or poly styrene. They should not be affected by CLR. However, find a dry area of the liner and use a Qtip to apply some CLR. Let it stay wet and then look at the material. If it shows no softening or melting, you should be able to use it. Make sure to follow the directions on the CLR.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2011, 03:36 PM

Yes but tell why, is it rusty looking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Toilet tank leaking from tank bolt on left side only [ 5 Answers ]

After installing the tank, it won't initially leak but the left side will start to leak. Don't see any cracks. What is the right sequence for using the washers and nuts to the bolt? Do I first put a metal washer, then a rubber washer through the bolt and then put it through the tank, and then...

Emptied tank and cleaned toilet. Now tank runs off and on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I never had a problem and now after I cleaned my toilet and removed the water, I turned water valve back on and every time I turn a faucet on in another part of the house the darn toilet tank runs! PLease any ideas?

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet tank lever breaks when I try to flush toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem trying to flush my toilet. When attempting to flush the plastic tank lever often breaks and when I use the metal tank level they often bend. The only way to flush the toilet is by removing the top and pulling up the tank ball lift by hand. What can I do to solve this problem. Thank...

View more questions Search