Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naturegirl911 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 06:37 PM
    Emptied tank and cleaned toilet. Now tank runs off and on
    Hi, I never had a problem and now after I cleaned my toilet and removed the water, I turned water valve back on and every time I turn a faucet on in another part of the house the darn toilet tank runs! PLease any ideas?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 12:58 PM

Hi NG...

Sounds like some sediment got under the toilet fill valve washer when you turned the water valve back on.

Shut the valve again and remove the fill valve washer, clean it and pulse the water on to clear the fill valve of sediment. Reinstall all and that should resolve the issue... ;)

Back to you...

Mark
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 01:40 PM

"toilet tank runs" but does it over fill the tank? When this happens does water eventually run down the overflow tube? Could easily be what Mark is thinking or your cleaning left or disturbed debris on the flapper and the tank is slowly draining. Flush the toilet and wait until the tank fills and stops, mark the level on your overflow tube. Now watch this level every few minutes and later also try turning on a faucet
    naturegirl911 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Thanks!! I think it is working fine now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

How often should you have your septic tank cleaned out? [ 20 Answers ]

Just wondering how often you should have septic pumped? I have 2 full baths, dishwasher, Clothes Washer, 2 utility sinks, etc... My wife and I are the only onesliving here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Emptied septic tank but water still backs up in bathtub? [ 6 Answers ]

After a heavy rain my bathtub started backing up and toilets stopped flushing. I called a plumber and he ran a snake through the roof since I was not able to find the clean out pipe. It worked for a couple days but he said it looked like my septic tank was full. I had the tank pumped but still have...

I have a john deere hydro 185 that surges under load, I've cleaned fuel tank and carb [ 0 Answers ]

I have a john deere hydro 185 that surges under load, I've cleaned carb and fuel tank and replaced fuel filter, could this hve something to do with the governor?

View more questions Search