Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

May 22, 2011, 02:11 PM
    2002 honda accord leaking on driver's side
    I have a 2002 Honda Accord V-6 that leaks only on the driver's side floor (back seat and passenger floors are dry. Door and window seals are fine. It seems to seep and gets worse if driven in the rain as opposed to merely sitting while it's pouring outside. It seems to seep in on the left side but not higher that floor level. The body is in good shape with no obvious holes. There is one dent in the panel in front of the driver's side door, just above the wheel well. Honda techs looked and using a hose they did cause a leak but they couldn't find the source of it. Where exactly should I look for the leak?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 22, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Windshield seal.

Oct 20, 2011, 05:19 AM
    It is not the windshield seal. And it is only wet on driver side floor not sides/walls and not where behind pedals.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2011, 06:57 AM
    One of the sunroof drainage tubes likely discharges in that area. Check it for blockage and make sure it's positioned where it should be.

Oct 20, 2011, 07:31 AM
    So... just pull out the carpet and look? Or would that require dismantling something under the car?

Thanks for your responses by the way!
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2011, 08:22 AM
    Open the driver's door and look, near the lower hinge area, for a drainage tube or where one should be. Check the area out and see if anything looks suspicious. The accident that caused the dent is likely responsible for all of your problems. My bet is the water from the drainage tube is coming into the car--shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Oct 28, 2011, 02:51 AM
    Thank you for your answers.
    The Honda dealer cleaned the moonroof drain and water is discharging at the front mudflaps as it should. (FOR $111.00!! ) The water had been accumlating so much that the inch-thick padding under the carpet and the insulation under the rubber liner under the pedals were completely saturated. After pulling the carpet back, the rubber liner up I vacuumed the areas and directed the heat to the floor on high. Hours later it was bone dry except for the foot rest area (I could not remove it and pull that carpet section back) where the insulation under the rubber liner was still very wet. The test was a long steady rain yesterday. No water pooled on the floor but the carpet was a bit damp again, not bone dry.

Would it do any damage to put bleach, detergent, a pipe cleaner or weed whacker nylon line in the drains to snake them? Maybe they are clogged again already.

Where else can it come be coming from? What else can I do?

Some of the insulation under the rubber liner under the pedals fell off in chunks. Does it serve a vital purpose that I should replace it?

Is there a pan or tray under the car driver side where water could have collected and is still seeping into the floor?

Also, none of my hexes fit the recessed bolts on the foot rest. Is there some secret to removing those?

Uber Member

Oct 28, 2011, 06:02 AM
    Try weed whacker nylon line and/or compressed air. Keep in mind there may be a hole in the discharge hose. Afterwards, run your own test with a garden hose and see if you completely solved the problem. It's even possible the discharge hose is not one continuous length of hose--check for any clamps.

The recessed bolts may be metric hex head or Torx (star shaped).

Don't use bleach--there may be unintended consequences.

Nov 1, 2011, 08:12 AM
    "
    Try weed whacker nylon line and/or compressed air. Keep in mind there may be a hole in the discharge hose.
    Don't use bleach--there may be unintended consequences.
    "
    Dawn dishwashing soap or
    How about foaming pipe snake from Liquid-Plumr¨? Foaming Pipe Snake Clog Remover contains two powerful liquids that activate on contact to create a thick, dense foam that dissolves hair, gunk,. " more unintended consequences?

Uber Member

Nov 1, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Yes, more unintended consequences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2002 honda accord sluggish [ 1 Answers ]

2002 honda accord - 2.3 Hitachi Distributor - 107,000 - sluggish, really noticeable in the 40 - 70 range. At 45 on Cruise just feels like a small miss, really just a lag for a second. Have changed plugs (NGK/gapped), cap and rotor, air filter, cked transaxle fluid, cked resisatance of plug wires,...

Install passenger side mirror glass (2002 H0nda Accord) [ 0 Answers ]

The mirror glass on my 2002 Honda Accord (pin 1HGCG56742A139797) passenger side power mirror was lost. How do I install the replacement? When I try to snap it in the little white power pistons (?) retract and nothing snaps into place.

Multiplex Driver's Side Accord 1998 (Dash Lights Out) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I think my driver's side Multiplex is bad because after trying to replace the climate/heater panel control (including clock and hazard switch) my dash/clock/radio lights don't work when I power on the headlights (please correct if I'm wrong) the problem is that I donn't know how to identify...

View more questions Search