Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkemp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 02:45 PM
    Central air blower working for hot air but not ac?
    Hi,
    When my blower for my heat/ac is working fine when I have it on heat (from the furnace) but when I switched the thermostat over to cool the cool air came out but wasn't forced i.e. the blower doesn't start up? Any ideas anyone? Thanks a lot.:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 11, 2011, 06:08 PM
    In your no brand name no model number unit there should be a relay that activates the indoor blower motor in the A/C mode. You will need to find the relay and test it if possible. You may also test the green wire that comes from the thermostat to the air handler/furnace to see if voltage is being supplied from that green conductor to the air handler/furnace low voltage wiring/terminal strip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air blower not working [ 17 Answers ]

My central air conditioning blower is not working. Fan on outside unit works but inside fan does not. When I manually turn the fan on at the thermostat it still does not work. What do I need to check?

Central air blower not working [ 1 Answers ]

My central air turns on, I can hear the motor on, but the tube outside that connects into the house is freezing up and air will not come out. I have to leave it off all day and at night when I turn it on, it comes on. Someone else told me it has a climate control or something? Could it be just...

Blower for central air system not working [ 0 Answers ]

My blower for the central air unit is on my furnace it doesn't seem to be working. Im only getting minimal air flow through my vents

Central air blower not working [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000. The blower motor runs at a low speed mostly and does not blow cold air with the condensing unit running. I changed out the fan motor control board with a new one and I still have the condition. The motor is not making any kind of noise, but it just runs at a...

Central Air Blower not working. [ 7 Answers ]

The blower on my central air unit is not working. It starts to hum and if I spin the blades (which spin freely) manually it turns on for a few minutes but then shuts off. I turned the thermostat to ON and cool. Not sure the model number all I know is it says Sears All Conditioner on the side of...

View more questions Search