Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fednerbassman95 Posts: 71, Reputation: 9

Apr 22, 2011, 09:21 PM
    Letting her know how much I love her
    Threads merged

So my girlfriend and I have been dating for close to five months now and it has been amazing. As of late I have found myself falling harder for her everyday. Its been troubling me that I can't find a way to let her know how much I actually love her. We haven't said that all important phrase yet. While things are great I wish there was someway to show her exactly how I feel. We have limited time for meaningful communication at school and I find texting to impersonal for that sort of discussion. I really don't know what I hoped to accomplish with this post but opinions and a fresh perspectives are welcome.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 10:15 PM

Well, I believe that the most important things in any lasting relationship are to be open and honest and to communicate effectively. You are right, texting is totally too impersonal! If you can't tell her how much you care, then write her a love letter! I know many women well past 50 that still have the love letters they were given as young women. We're kind of sentimental about stuff like that. :)

If you are writing from your heart, once you start the letter, the rest will come easy.

Hugs, Didi
    ajwain Posts: 55, Reputation: 11

Apr 23, 2011, 01:37 AM
    Just arrange for a special date and talk out your feelings to her looking into her eyes all the time! All the best!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 07:29 AM

No need to hurry, and confess feelings right now, just enjoy it and when the time is just right you will.

Just make her feel special, with the right attention. You don't have to force it.

Apr 23, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Just posting that helped me clear my head a little.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Posting to clear your head is always the best. Just tell her, maybe be a little corny. You know her better than any of us, and I am pretty sure you can figure out how she would like her man telling her that he loves her.

Good luck,
    Javi

May 7, 2011, 07:38 PM
    I didn't exactly write her a traditional love letter but I did give her the lyrics to a song I wrote. While they weren't the originals(covered in edits and chord progressions) I think they got the point across. I think she picked up on how I was feeling and things are getting better.
    Thanks for the help

May 14, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Guy is hitting on my girlfriend and I am not OK with it.
    So there's this dude in my history class who sits next to my girlfriend (I sit on the other sided of the room). They chatted a little bit and I was OK with that. I figured he was just being social and what not. A few weeks ago he has started talking to her the instant she sat down and has been relentlessly bugging her (poking her, drawing on her arms and legs etc.). That's when the whole situation started to bug me. He even went as far as inviting her to go fishing with him sometime. He is an avid fisherman and she enjoys fishing also.

No I am a fairly tolerant man, but I have an issue with a guy hitting on my girlfriend. And its not like our relationship is anything but secret. We walk into class holding hands everyday. She has attempted talking to him and she is considering asking the teacher to be moved. My question is should I let him know that I have an issue with his outright disrespect for our relationship, or should I let it blow over?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 15, 2011, 05:29 AM

If she has attempted to talk to him, I guess she isn't getting her point across well enough (or perhaps she enjoys the attention) and he is not getting it.

Confrontations are not always the best way of dealing with situations. It is up to her to get her point across that she is just not interested and already has an s/o. Stress that she be moved away from him. If he is touching her innapropriately then it is time for the teacher's intervention.

Tick

Jun 9, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Relationship tips for surviving a busy summer
    So first off, I'd like to thank you all for helping me with my relationship issues in the past.

Getting to the point. It is now summer for us and we will be incredibly busy. I get that it will be next to impossible to see each other every day, but I am worried as to how much we will actually see each other. It's difficult to go from being with an amazing girl like her everyday to not knowing when I'll get to see her next. I've hinted that texting isn't going to help our relationship ,but she isn't getting it. Any tips and advice will greatly help.

As always fresh perspectives and new opinions are always welcome.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 12:10 PM

You've left out the important part: Does she live near you?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2011, 12:12 PM

A lot of couples do not get to see each other everyday. There is nothing wrong with that. The key is making the time you do spend together count. Make it about the quality, not the quantity. Don't take the stresses of the busy summer out on each other and use the time you hang out as an escape from the busy routine you may find yourselves in.

I'm not sure how old you are. I know with my job and my schedule, it is very hard to find time for hanging out with that special someone. That is life and believe me, it just comes with certain responsibilities as you get older. Have fun... and have more fun... don't make over complicate things.

**I should note I have not read any of your background story. It's cliché, but I didn't have time...
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 12:18 PM

Is the 95 because you were born in that year?

And you've been dating about 7 months?

How have you planned to meet up?

And what's wrong with texting when you can't meet up?

Jun 9, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Yes I was born in 95 and I am currently 16
    We do live close.
    I feel slightly weird asking her to do things all the time.
    I've suggested swimming because it is very hot.
    We've set aside Friday night as being our night.
    I think texting is a little impersonal and I'd rather spend an hour on the phone hearing her voice than all day just reading her words.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 02:40 PM

Why not do a bit of both-have a shorter conversation every day and text now and then?

And make a date out of the Fridays?

Jun 9, 2011, 02:43 PM
    That's what I'm attempting to work out with her. She's really busy this weekend and every time we've made plans to hang out something always comes up.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 02:50 PM

Hmm,maybe you should have a serious talk with her-as in-how committed are you?

No offense,but 16 is quite young...

Jun 9, 2011, 04:33 PM
    We know where we stand in our relationship. I'm just slightly irked by the fact that it seems like she rarely takes my feelings into consideration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Letting me down! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 19 years of age, I have been with my girlfriend no for coming on 6 months, I would say we have a really good relationship and she means the world to me but I'm scared of losing her because when it comes to having sex, my penis usually lets me down... She's on my 2nd sexual partner, 1st...

Letting go. [ 13 Answers ]

Stuck!. That's how I feel. Life story made in to short story: I got pregnant as a teen, I'm 22 now, I'm still with the baby's father, we don't live together because I'm in college which my parents are funding and my mom watch's my child and that's what's convenient. Plus, I don't want to take care...

Letting the ex know. [ 2 Answers ]

INDIRECTLY... I really want her back but I'm forced to move on... she broke up with me. Two months ago she would have married me and now she won't even speak to me. I wrote her 2 emails saying I wanted to marry also and showed her pictures of the ring proving my intentions... I am doing no...

Letting someone down [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy on myspace around the middle of December. His picture on myspace looks like a totally different person that he does in real life. When I'm talking to him online he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He takes me out to eat, buys me gifts, sends me flowers, the whole 9 yards. ...

View more questions Search