Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krysta Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Irregular periods and pregnancy tests
    Hi, my husband and I tried to get pregnant for four years and then we finally did and we had a son... now we have been trying for 10 months again and nothing has happened yet... I have irregular periods which I may get every 3 to 4 months and they last about 14 to 17 days... but on Dec.27, I had a period and it lasted only 7 days which was exciting we did the whole body temp thing and tried to follow a ovulation calendar and it said that my fertile days would be between jan 5 to 10.. so we had sex on these days and my ovulation calendar said that I should be able to do a hpt on jan 22, which we did and it was negative.. I even did 2.. but I am having pregnancy symptoms which include a disgusting metallic taste in my mouth every few days, tender breasts,headaches,and dizzines with some nausea.. I am wondering if because my periods are irregular if it would take longer to show up on a hpt and if I should wait a few more days and try again? And is a metallic taste in the mouth a pregnancy symptom?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
    What time of day did you take the hpt?

Jan 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
    I did the test @ 11 a.m it was not my first morning urine
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Ah, best to use first morning urine. If you are pregnant that is when the concentration of hCG (pregnancy hormone) is at its highest. If you take it any other time of the day, no matter what the directions say, you run the risk of a false negative.

If this too fails, it would be wise to get a blood test and a physical done.

Jan 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Thank You, I will try this tomorrow morning @ 6:30 before I go to work..

Jan 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Do you know if a metallic taste in the moth is a symptom of being pregnant and if not what could it be?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Yes, having a metallic taste in your mouth can be a symptom of pregnancy.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2007, 03:52 PM
    It can be a symptom of pregnancy, but it could also be a symptom of a mirad of other illnesses. Best to get checked out by your doctor to be sure.
    kaitlyntalley Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 11:39 PM

I need some additional answer if anyone would feel free to hel me with the other questions I have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming pregnant with irregular periods [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone I'm name is stephanie and I'm new here//my periods are irregular and I have trouble getting pregnant, my periods usually last about 52 days which is not normal... I have tried about everything possible to try to get pregnant I'm really having a hard time... is there any body here who...

Irregular and short periods [ 5 Answers ]

I am 13 and started my periods about 2 months ago at first the blood was brownish and my period only lasted for about 3 days, since then I was meant to have my next period a month later on the 30th November but instead I came on the 16th of December so far this is my 3rd day and my blood is red...

Irregular periods and trying to get pregnant! [ 5 Answers ]

I get my period every month, but they are irregular, meaning that they are not every 28 days or so. My periods range from every 31 days to every 38 days. Each month is different. I have been off birthcontrol for 10 months now and have not had any luck quite yet! Is my ovulation period different...

Irregular periods [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My periods have been irregular for a few months now. I may come on in the beginning of the month then the next month, I come on towards the middle. Is this normal? :confused:

Irregular periods and testing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, :D I was wondering how you figure out when you should take a hpt if your periods are irregular? My last period started on the 15th March and ended on the 19th, I had un protected sex on the 20th of March and took a hpt on April 7th but it was negative.Im not sure this is accurate as I...

View more questions Search