Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stressed_out Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 10:54 AM
    I need help, what would you do in my situation?
    Before I start, this has been stressing my out for a while now and I wish to get it sorted, my friends have been great but they just say "go with your heart" and that isn't enough anymore...
    There is this lad in work that I like and he really likes me. But there is far too much between us that would mess a relationship up. For starters I have the most strict parents ever, although I have never spoken to them about it I know they would be unhappy and disown me. This guy smokes, does drugs, gets pissed a lot etc etc, but deep down I see through all that, he's not my normal type, but he has such a lovely personality and he is a really nice guy and I do want to date him. BUt I imagine my parents would possibly say no, and even if I went behind their back there would still be issues like if I said I'm going out they want to know wher, why, how, when, when I will be home etc etc!
    This is just on my mind 24/7 as I want to be with him but I KNOW I can't because of everythin my parents would do and say and also I hate the way I look and I feel really self conccious and I'm not even sure I want to be in a proper relationship. Please help me out by giving me your advice, you can see how confused and how much this is getting to me now!
    Thanks xx
    tessy Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jan 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
    I'm sorry but I would have to agree with what your parents would think of this. Maybe he is a nice guy deep down but fact of the matter is he doesn't have a good head on his shoulders and to get involved with someone who does drugs is never a good thing for a lot of reasons, which I'm sure I don't have to preach that to you. And you say he's mad a lot. Well, ask yourself why that is. I don't know this person but from what you say about him it sounds like he is a very unhappy person whom has no respect for himself and probably don't for the women he dates as well. I feel for you though, to have to work with this guy and see him everyday and yet to have feelings for him. That would be hard. But just keep in mind that guys who don't respect themselves won't respect you.
    ap6589 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
    I've been down the path he is on. Its not a good path. I brought down the people I dated. Drugs will do a lot to someone.and its all bad. Its hard to let go of people you care about and like a lot. But it can be done. I'm doing it right now with my ex. Just find someone else and get to know them. You don't want to mess up things with your parents. Believe me. Its hard to work things back out with your parents when you go behing their back if you need any advice just send me a message I'll do what I can to help you.
    dudya07 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 11:42 AM
    It is up to you to decide, not your parents, but think twice if its healthy for you.
    Is it possible that you want him so much because you know no one around would aprove of it? Maybe he is the forbidden fruit, that you want to get so bad.
    Think if it's good for you and what kind of experience you would get from him. Remember, if you are dating a person, who does drugs, that's already a bad beginning.
    Good luck!
    babydoll365 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2007, 11:43 AM
    You are in a tough situation but all I can say is that I wouldn't go for him. He seems OK to get to know as friends but no more. There is another guy out there for you but this doesn't sem like the right one.
    boedacious Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stressed_out
    Before I start, this has been stressing my out for a while now and I wish to get it sorted, my friends have been great but they just say "go with your heart" and that isn't enough anymore...
    There is this lad in work that I like and he really likes me. But there is far too much between us that would mess a relationship up. For starters I have the most strict parents ever, although I have never spoken to them about it I know they would be unhappy and disown me. This guy smokes, does drugs, gets pissed a lot etc etc, but deep down I see through all that, hes not my normal type, but he has such a lovely personality and he is a really nice guy and I do want to date him. BUt i imagine my parents would possibly say no, and even if i went behind their back there would still be issues like if i said im goin out they want to know wher, why, how, when, when i wil b home etc etc!
    This is just on my mind 24/7 as i want to be with him but i KNOW i can't because of everythin my parents would do and say and also i hate the way i look and i feel really self conccious and im not even sure i want to be in a proper relationship. Please help me out by giving me your advice, you can see how confused and how much this is gettin to me now!
    Thanks xx
    Whatever! How old are you? If you like him and he likes you, why not go out. I know there your parent but who are you going to spend you life with. He might not even be the one for you ,but how will you know if you don't try.your going to meet some bad ones,but that's life.and im not the most beautifulist person in the world but girl its all about how you carry yourself. Get dress up and go have some fun because you don't have forever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My current situation [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently 21 and have a 6 month old son with my fiancée, we live together in a family life. I was wondering if this will work out for me, we have had some troubles with his mother, with her invasions into our relationship. I do question my fiancée faithfullness and love for me, because I have...

Situation... [ 5 Answers ]

I have a situation. About 2 weeks ago I was on my last row of birth control pills which are the inactive pills. On my first day which is when I'm supposed to get my period I did not get it and instead I just got a brown discharge that lasted only for a few hours that day. Maybe 2 or 3 days after...

What to do about my situation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 96 T/C Van with 137,000 miles and a V6 me and my wife and kids went to Ohio over the weekend and on the way back it just stopped running on the interstate.before I Had a upstream o2 sensor replaced by the crysler dealership and they said they ran a diag.test on it said everything is fine...

My situation [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Before marriage I was hving a affair with my uncle's daughter... but we couldn't make it up.. to marriage... and we departed in different way.. after 4 years I got married and she too got marreid... but now she is getting interest on me and asking me to take a trip with her to a hilly resort...

My Situation... [ 18 Answers ]

I had been dating this girl for about 15 months. We seem to have been perfect for each other. We almost never got into arguments and when we did, it was over within an hour. Everything was just going perfectly, we considered marriage in the future (after college in like two years) and both had...

View more questions Search