Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowball12 Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Apr 4, 2011, 01:08 PM
    I just bought a cd
    I just bought a CD called "Now thats what i call music 37." I did not listen to it yet. I know most of the songs on it. But I have a little problem. Some of the songs have curse words in them. So I was wondering if they songs are clean versions (when they take the curse words out) please relpy as soon as possible because I don't want to open it until I know (because if I open it I won't be able to return it) PLEASE REPLY!! Thanks so much :)

P.S. in example, one of the songs is called "bottoms up" which has curse words in it. I want to put all the songs on my iPod but I need to know (what I asked) first. Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 01:10 PM
    Usually when it is the "clean" song they use the term 'radio edit' in the title. I'm guessing you have the originals with the curse words.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 01:11 PM

Usually there is a label that says "Explicit Lyrics" or some such thing, although curse words might not fit that category.

Have you checked it on Amazon?

Apr 4, 2011, 03:42 PM
    How would Amazon help? Thanks! :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 04:08 PM

Amazon is very helpful. The page for that CD might say there are two versions (it turns out there aren't) and how each is labeled. The reviews might mention the cursing. I checked Amazon for you and noted that there are a few potty-mouthed artists on that CD, so I'm guessing yours contains cursing.

Apr 4, 2011, 06:13 PM
    Darn.. I guess I might have to return it :( thanks for all your help!
    FoxCash Posts: 160, Reputation: 125

Apr 4, 2011, 08:05 PM

Where'd you buy it from?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 12:26 AM

How old are you?

How offensive is the language ?

It is not often that someone stands up for their beliefs like you are doing here.
    Well done and keep it up.

Apr 5, 2011, 04:06 PM
    Thanks! Your so nice! I bought the CD from shop rite.

Apr 5, 2011, 04:08 PM
    And the language is pretty bad... like the "F" word and the "S" word and stuff like that.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 12:22 AM
    And the language is pretty bad... like the "F" word and the "S" word and stuff like that.
    Well you're not going to let grandma hear it in that case.
    Isn't there a warning sticker on the case ?
    If there isn't there should be .

Apr 6, 2011, 02:06 PM
    I don't think there is a warning sticker.
    Anyway... I just don't feel comfortable hearing those words.

Apr 7, 2011, 11:27 AM
    I don't know what to do. I mean, I want to download all those songs, but I am afraid to open it because if I open it and find out that there are curse words, then I can't return it. Should the CD case have a warning on it saying that there are curse words in the songs?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So I bought a new laptop. [ 1 Answers ]

Really stoked that it arrived in 2 days... then I boot it up and what do I see? (attached) (I put a white background on screen) How does this even get past quality control? I've already contacted my point of sale for an RMA, but should I contact Acer about this also? I know at the companies...

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

I bought a new thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I bought a new thermostat I have 4 wires that need to be connected but I am not getting a connection. I have 2 green 1 red 1 white and a relay that I think the red cord needs to be connected to. Can anyone help?

Want what I bought back [ 5 Answers ]

So after a year of dating and lots of time together we split up. We did not live together, but we talked about it and I was hoping for it to happen at any time and we were technically engaged with no date planned. I bought a new TV and PS3, even a bathroom sink and put it in her place with the...

Bought as-is? [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought our first home, and our paper work clearly states AS-IS. Last week and man came to re-po our water softener(because the previous owners hadn't made a payment in the past 18 months, he didn't take it because I had two small children here-at least that's what he said.. BUT when we...

View more questions Search