Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottD1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Want what I bought back
    So after a year of dating and lots of time together we split up. We did not live together, but we talked about it and I was hoping for it to happen at any time and we were technically engaged with no date planned. I bought a new TV and PS3, even a bathroom sink and put it in her place with the intention that we would be living together and enjoying it together. She thinks they were gifts and won't give them back or pay for half of them. What do I do? Small claims court?
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Dec 16, 2008, 04:05 PM

Move On.Let her have the things.Its not worth the trouble
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 04:19 PM

Small claims court will more than likely say these things were gifts unless you can prove different. With the items you have mentioned I don't see a Judge seeing them as any more than gifts.
    If you had put in a whole new bathroom or paying on a cell phone bill for her those are things you might be able to recover something.
    Take it as a loss, a lesson learned and move on.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 05:33 PM

If you have receipts are if you paid with a credit card... you can bring up the records and show that to a judge.

I think you have a good chance of getting them back.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Well, maybe not the sink:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 10:23 PM

Unless you had an agreement, that she acknowledges, or you can prove, they are gifts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 300 series, just bought it, leaks a little from back/ bottom [ 2 Answers ]

Called Sears for advise, no help from them yet... I read the manual and it said I have to level it or the tub needs to be centered. Should I be worried? Just got it the other day. It washes great, a little noisey, Im figuring that's because its not level. Is Sears supposed to send a Tech. or...

Bought as-is? [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought our first home, and our paper work clearly states AS-IS. Last week and man came to re-po our water softener(because the previous owners hadn't made a payment in the past 18 months, he didn't take it because I had two small children here-at least that's what he said.. BUT when we...

Bought used computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got a used computer and I can not sign on. The password the guy gave me dos not work. Thank you Caren

Bought a car, getting sued [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a debt for 15k w/ Unicredit it used to be Citi which I work for. Citi sold it 3 years ago almost to the date. I bought a new car in Sept. because my old one had 207,000 miles on it. I needed a reliable car cause I work 50 miles away. So yes, new. I owe on a loan for that car 19k and gave...

View more questions Search