Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbrown76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 12:34 PM
    I have two sets of wires coming through the ceiling what wires do I use
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 27, 2011, 12:50 PM

Can we assume this is for a light fixture? What colors do you have and tell us about what was there before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 white wires, 3 black wires on ceiling: switching from ceiling fan to light [ 20 Answers ]

We are trying to replace a ceiling fan with an overhead light. We took down the fan and now have 3 white wires and 3 black wires in the ceiling and are not sure how to wire the light which has 3 white wires and 3 black wires. We tried to connect all whites together and all blacks together. The...

How do I connect the 6 wires coming out to the ceiling to the 3 wires from the fan? [ 3 Answers ]

I have two switches on two different walls. So there are six wires ( 2 black, 2 white, 2 bare) coming out of the ceiling. I purchased the Hunter Stratford II Model 20582 ceiling fan with light. How do I connect the six wires coming out to the ceiling to the three wires from the fan? Do I...

Ceiling box has 2 sets of wires [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a ceiling light to an existing ceiling box. I found two sets of wires, two black and two white in the ceiling box. I believe that this ceiling box is operated by a dimmer switch (just bought house and light was not installed). How do I wire the light?

View more questions Search