Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allaboutpine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 10:47 AM
    How do I connect the 6 wires coming out to the ceiling to the 3 wires from the fan?
    I have two switches on two different walls.
    So there are six wires ( 2 black, 2 white, 2 bare) coming out of the ceiling.
    I purchased the Hunter Stratford II Model 20582 ceiling fan with light.
    How do I connect the six wires coming out to the ceiling to the three wires from the fan?
    Do I connect both white wires from the ceiling to the white wire from the fan?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 12:21 PM

The two switches, is one for the light, and one for the fan?

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php
    ttovell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 08:50 PM
    I am replacing a ceiling light fixture. The old one has 6 wires in it. The two black are connected together and the two whites go to the old light. Three of these wires go to the light switch. My new light fixture has two bulbs in it. It has 2 black, 2 white, and 2 ground. All I did was unhook the two white wires from the old light fixture, hook on white up to the two black from the new light, hook the other white wire up to the two white wires from the new light and then hook up the grounds. It doesn't work. I played with all kinds of combinations of wiring and none of it worked. So now I hooked up the old light exactly like it was, and now it doesn't work either. What is my problem? ( yes I checked the breaker and it is still on correctly.)
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

May 30, 2011, 07:34 PM
    Comment on ttovell's post
    What color are the wires attached to the light switch?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect two wires from the ceiling to a three wire fixture [ 1 Answers ]

In UK Black & Red feeds from the ceoiling rose. I am installing a new fixture which has three transparent sheaths and one earth, Fixture cables one appears blue one other brown and one seems to be bi-coloured white & blue. I have tried different options and can get a trip or am left with the...

2 black wires connected to Rc wires in honeywell. Where to connect these in noma the [ 1 Answers ]

Old thermostat is Honeywell. 2 wires are coming out of wall. 2 white and 3 black. 2 black are connected to Rc, one white connected to W and one white to Y. 2 other slots marked as G and R were directly connected to each other. I purchased NOMA thermostat. It has 4 slots G R Y and W. How to connect...

Connect ceiling fan wires to ZE268S6 pull chain switch [ 2 Answers ]

I ordered a new pull chain switch from Hunter and I want to install it myself. It's configured a bit differently than the original. The switch has 4 slots on the side like the original (Well Tec) and also 4 small round holes on the top. Can someone tell me where and how to connect the fan...

How do I connect the wires on a new pull chain switch on a ceiling fan? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Heritage Model H42UL (05 2001) ceiling fan that had the fan switch removed before I acquired the fan. Wire colors for the switch are Black, Orange, & from the capacitor, Yellow & Purple. Which wire goes to which slot on a new switch?

2 fans 2 switches and 12 wires coming from ceiling [ 4 Answers ]

Thought this'd be easy, but…I could really use some help, before I burn down our new home. We just got a new home & my wife wanted ceiling fans with lights. The fans have a green ground wire, a black (fan), a white, and a striped black (light) wire. I have removed the 2 covers in the ceiling....

View more questions Search