Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itstheyear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
    Talking to my ex about our son
    I am looking for some advice on how to deal with this, I am due to speak to my ex tonight because he wants to see our son. Our son is nearly 4 and we separated when he was 6 months old. Until my son was around 2 years old he was unreliable with money, often didn't give me any but saw our son every month or so, but did not keep to dates or times and often left me waiting with a small child and he wouldn't turn up. He hasn't seen him for a year and now wants contact, I am not prepared to meet with him and let him see our son as he is so unreliable but want to know what to say when he calls tonight? I want to sound confident and sure of myself and not dither. I just don't know where to start. Any help would be great : )
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 11:04 AM

Do you have a Court Order concerning support and visitation? Or either?

If you don't have Order concerning visitation and your "ex" is the acknowledged father he could take the child and not bring him back. You would then have to go to Court to get the child back - and it would take time.

If he's only going to SEE the child (and not take him) it's your choice. Do you want him in your son's life, only to disappear again?

I don't think confidence is an issue here. He has rights as the father but he cannot exercise them until the Court says he can.

If he is not giving you money and is in violation of a Court Order, go back and have him held in contempt. If there is no Court Ordered support - why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old son is barely talking. A little worried he could be autistic. [ 9 Answers ]

I have a three year old little boy who is very delayed in his speech. When he was born he wasn't breathing for a while and they had to use one of those balloon looking things to make him breath. After about 15 minutes of that he started on his own. I have always been concerned that may have...

My son is 2 yrs 5 months and not talking any suggestions? [ 4 Answers ]

"My son is 2yrs 5 months and he is not speaking in sentences. He pulls me to what he wants and wines at me he says about 15 words but he doesn't really talk at all. He can count to 13 forwards and backwards he knows some shapes no colors and he knows the abc's but he can't say them by himself.He...

My son caught my Husband cheating and they got into a fight and my son hurt him bad ! [ 12 Answers ]

Let me start with I have been married 20 years ben together 23 years.Christmas night last year we had a bad bad snow storm I work about 1 hour away,We were suppose to all meet at my sister inlaws for Christmas night but my husband went to a friends close to home because of the storm my son was only...

Son talking to dead! [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 year old son talks to my dead grandfather and my mother in law that is also past on? Is this OK or should I get him help, because he does it in the middle of the day and when he's sleeping and its creepy me out!? What should I do?? :confused::eek:

I like a girl who I've been talking to her and she's talking to her ex a lot [ 7 Answers ]

I have been talking to the girl down my block and we have been talking a lot and I like her I visited her school today because a lot of my friends go there and they all saw her talking to him a lot throughout the day and I asked her about it and she said "we're not together right now haha" is this...

View more questions Search