Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TISHA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Bathroom Mixer Tap
    Hi There, I Was Wondering If Anyone Know's How To Fix The Bathroom Mixer Tap. When You Turn It On, ( the hot water tap on the bath ) It Only Turns A Small Amount And The Water Comes Out Ever So Slow.. It HAS Been Doing That For A While now, But Now It Is gettind Bad. Its Very Slow. Can Anyone Help Me I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards
    Tisha.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
    What's the brand name and type,(one handle or two knobs?) Let us know. Tom
    TISHA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    What's the brand name and type,(one handle or two knobs?) Let us know. Tom

Hi speedball. Thank for getting back to me.. I don't no the make of the
    Taps. But they have two knobs. And it the hot one is the problem . Name:  22-01-07_1903.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  32.5 KB but here is a photo. If that OK

Regrads tisha
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
    That's fine Tisha,

Shut the hot water off under the cabinet, remove the handle and open up the faucet. Check and clean the inlet ports on the cartridge if there is one and the seat if a washer type. Now, with the valve still apart, place a pan over the faucet and turn the hot water on for a minute to flush out the supply. If you have a full stream then reassemble and test. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell in Tap Water [ 6 Answers ]

I've read all the posts about smelly cold water (great work, BTW!), but nothing quite matched the symptoms we're experiencing: We moved into a 2-year old condo last year and immediately we noticed the master bath toilet wouldn't completely flush, unless we held the handle down until it...

Installing A Mixer Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Iam Installing A Mixer Shower - Which Is Not Thermostatically Controlled - I Have Installed The Cold Supply To The Rising Main But The Pressure Is Too Great And The Connection Is Leaking A Bit - Can I Reduce The Pressure By Means Of A Valve. Also I Have Just Been Told That It Is Illegal To...

Stuck Tap [ 6 Answers ]

The cold tap in the bathroom no longer turns fully. It was never praticularly tight before but as of yesterday it will only turn about a 180 degrees. I've not been able to find a great deal of help using Google so I thought I'd post here. I've tried using some WD-40, but to no avail. Any ideas...

Mixer tap and unequal pressure problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have removed a washbasin with separate hot and cold water taps from an ensuite bathroom in my mother-in-law's bungalow and fitted a new basin with a mixer tap. When I connected everything up and tried the tap I got hot water but no cold. However, the cold water supply pipe got warm...

What can I use for a key tap? [ 4 Answers ]

I need something to tap a key on my keyboard every now and then. Any ideas what I can use? I don't want a program, I want something that I can set up on my desk to do it. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

View more questions Search