Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imahexadactyl Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 04:18 PM
    Ab Toning exercise
    Generally, I have a flat tummy, but I have a little 'pouch' on my lower abs. Is there any exercise to get rid of this? It is very frustrating and the least bit attractive.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2011, 05:00 PM

That little pouch is fat, and you have to burn the fat to get rid of it. Doing ab exercises will just give you stronger muscles under that little bit of fat.

Having said that, pilates is great for the whole midsection.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 08:26 AM

Pilates is a series of moves and exercises, not one specific one. There is no one exercise which will magically give you flat abs. If there were, everyone would have a six pack.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 25, 2011, 08:34 AM

Cardio will help you get rid of the fat. Switch up the machines or cardio exercises you do in order to avoid fitness plateau.

To gain muscle in your lower abdomen, there is an exercise we do in acrobatics to help strengthen those muscles that my instructor calls the mermaid (not to be mistaken with the pilates mermaid). I wish I could find a video on how to do it, but I couldn't, so I'll just explain.

You lay on your back and prop up on your elbows. Then draw both your knees into your chest, straighten your legs up to the ceiling, then lower your straight legs until they're almost touching the floor. Repeat that ten times (without ever touching the floor with your legs).

Reverse the direction then, by bringing your legs from the floor straight up to pointing to the ceiling, then bend your knees into your chest, then straighten your legs again (without touching the floor) repeat that ten times.

Sounds easy, but it kills... and it will strengthen those muscles effectively. That exercise helped me perfect some acrobatic moves that I had been battling for a long time.
    imahexadactyl Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 07:45 AM
    Comment on Eileen G's post
    Yes, I understand that. But I'm looking for a few movements/exercises that I Can add to my daily routine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toning calves [ 6 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how to tone up the calves, I don't have a fat upper body but for some unknown reasons, my calves are huge and appears to be bigger than my body. They look unbalanced. Please help, desperately need your advise. Thank you

Toning Beds [ 8 Answers ]

I just had a demonstration regarding Toning Beds. I would like to know, do they really work? Is it worth the money?

Bleaching and toning * [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to do the bleaching and toning process at home I can't afford to go to a hairdresers and really really want my dark hair colour to go back to blonde but I'm scared it will turn out orange has anyone tried this?? I also bought a blonding kit which says it can be used on all...

Toning up? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have any ways of toning up your stomach and thighs at home.I am currently trying for a baby and have been advised not to tone up my stomach as it could affect me getting pregnant I've never heard of this before is it true or just a myth? Any ideas on a cheap free way to tone up at home...

Toning [ 3 Answers ]

Right I really want to tone my chest and stomach my arms ,legs and bum are fine how I like them I just can't seem to tone my chest and stomach at all I do sit up every other night for about 5 minutes I really need help its getting me down

View more questions Search