Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HMM90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
    Sales to close ratio
    I'm starting an internet business that will involve sales to local merchants by an outside sales rep. We'll be selling yellow page-style advertisements and gift vouchers (like Groupon).

I'm estimating a typical sales rep will work 14 hours per week and will personally visit 3-4 merchants per hour (mostly cold call visits, with no prior introduction). I'm also estimating they'll close on 20% of the visits.

Do these assumptions sound reasonable?

The ads will cost the merchant $15 to $60/month. Each of the gift vouchers will cost the merchant less but presumably they will buy more.

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2011, 07:22 PM

Are the outside sales reps going to be given any specific training to close sales, or to get past the person at the front desk.

It is going to be so "if" really great closers may get your 20 percent, but on advertising sales, I personally doubt you will be even hitting 10 percent. For just average sales people.

Next your assumption on 4 per hour is assuming I guess that you will get into a sales presentation at each stop. I would doubt you get to even do a presentation at 1 in 4 that you go into.
    HMM90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 11:58 PM
    This is great information. Thanks.

The outside sales staff will receive 2 to 3 days 1:1 training at the outset then some follow up depending on need and availability of trainers.

Previously my formula was 14hrs/week * 4 businesses per hour * 20% = 11.2 closes.

Should I adjust to 14hrs/week * 8 businesses per hour * 10% = 11.2? I know the number of businesses per hour would be dependent on the location/proximity of the businesses. Would 6 per hour be safer on average?

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales to close ratio in a particular period [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right method of calculating sales to close ratio in Insurance Business? Example: Sales and completion data of an insurer are given below: Jan 2010: Sales - 100 proposals. Converted to policy is 80 Feb 2010: Sales - 200 proposals. Converted to policy is 190 In the above...

Sales calls to close ratio [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on a cash flow forcast for a new venture and was wondering on average what percentage of calls made per day can be converted into sales? On average there will be around 30 or so sales calls made per day. The products and services offered are of high demand, are high quality...

Sales to close ratio [ 3 Answers ]

How can I determine a sales call to close ratio?

Close Ratio? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure how to reply to the question on a sales application "What is my closed sale conversion rate?" I'm new to the sales field and currently work for a very small company so I don't know. Need answer ASAP... What does the above term mean?:

View more questions Search