Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brookiedee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 11:46 PM
    Why am I hearing some one whisper my name?
    Some times, I hear a little girl whisper ny name. It started happening about the middle of sixth grade, so it's been about 2 or 3 years now. When I hear the person calling my name, I black out or try and close my eyes and then I see some one in my head and I fall over or can't control myself... No one in my family knows this, because they will think I'm crazy. Is this a desiese? Should, I tell my family or go to a doctor? I don't want them to do annything to me. I get hot and can't breathe very well before and after it happens.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2011, 03:33 AM

When you say you black out, do you mean you faint? If this is the case you should probably go to your doctor
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookiedee View Post
    Some times, I hear a little girl whisper ny name. It started happening about the middle of sixth grade, so it's been about 2 or 3 years now. When I hear the person calling my name, I black out or try and close my eyes and then I see some one in my head and I fall over or can't control myself... No one in my family knows this, because they will think i'm crazy. Is this a desiese? Should, I tell my family or go to a doctor? I don't want them to do annything to me. I get hot and can't breathe very well before and after it happens.
    You need to tell your parents and see a doctor. Maybe you have a school nurse you could talk to to get some place to start to try and understand what's going on.

This could be anxiety , stress, a physical problem, an allergy , but
    For sure it needs the attention of a professional .

I don't mean to scare you and imply it is anything extremely serious or critical. It just needs to be checked .
    Be sure to keep us updated on what's going on... we're always here to talk to and help if possible.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    You need to tell your parents and see a doctor. Maybe you have a school nurse you could talk to to get some place to start to try and understand what's going on.

This could be anxiety , stress, a physical problem, an allergy , but
    for sure it needs the attention of a professional .

I don't mean to scare you and imply it is anything extremely serious or critical. It just needs to be checked .
    Be sure to keep us updated on whats going on....we're always here to talk to and help if possible.
    Think you missed one. Epilepsy can cause these same symptoms.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 06:04 AM

Yes please tell your parents, we are discussing something far more serous than a ghost, what you are talking about can well be several serious health issues.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 13, 2011, 11:42 AM
    We are not necessarily talking about something more than a spirit... but anything is a possibility at this point. Don't go making her feel like she's crazy, either guys. Brookiedee, yes first thing you need to do is get checked out by a doctor. That will AT LEAST rule one thing out, and it's the most logical/safe step to take first.

I am curious, as is everyone else... did you mean you blackout as in fainting... or you might wake up somewhere else and not know what happened between consciousness?

I know of a case very similar to this and I won't go into detail until more is known from Brookiedee.

Brookiedee, until this whole situation gets more light shed onto it... my advice is that next time this voice talks to you... tell it to leave... and be firm about it. Keep us posted please.

Mar 13, 2011, 01:28 PM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    When, I black out I mean I kind of can't see and it gets all blury and then images shoot in my head and I can't see everything. But I can still feel around so I wouldn't consider it fainting. I've been waiting to tell my dad until he has gotten back from some where... So I'll tell him and then go and see a doctor.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2011, 01:57 PM

Don't worry too much little lady, you will get to the bottom of it and hopefully can sort this out and get back to normal :)

Mar 13, 2011, 04:19 PM
    That's probably the best thing you can do right now. What kind of images do you see when you're in that state?

Mar 13, 2011, 05:08 PM
    A little girl on a swing on the top of the hill, looking at me sullenly.

Mar 13, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Haha... didn't expect that answer... but not surprised either. Don't worry, there is help for you and I'd be more than happy to do whatever I can.

Mar 13, 2011, 05:40 PM
    Thanks, it also turns into a dream... The same image except she is crying and she wants me to come and save her because she's hurt, and I don't know why, so I go up and try and help her but when I get back to the top of the hill she's gone.

Mar 13, 2011, 05:52 PM
    Again, I'm not a doctor and will never give that kind of advice. You still should get medically checked out. Just be careful what you "buy into" here. Spirits that make contact like this are first and foremost deceptive. How do you think your father is going to react when you tell him? Is he understanding about this kind of thing?
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 08:19 PM

The medical is important and should be the priority.

If there is no medical cause it forces attention to the alternatives with no doubt of the OP s physical condition
    Being a distraction or causing concern for her safety.

Mar 13, 2011, 10:15 PM
    I told my father, and he didn't really care. No one really did, he acted as if, it was a normal everyday thing. He kind of, just laughed and teased me.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 03:34 AM

What exactly did you tell him ?
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 05:27 AM
    And what exactly was his response?

Mar 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
    Brookiedee, that is how a lot of people will respond when they just don't know what to say. My dad acted the same way with my sister when spirits came flying out of her closet and pulled at her clothing. He laughed it off... because as father who is trying to be "reasonable", what else can you do? Don't blame him too much... this kind of thing can be hard to understand for the people not experiencing it.

Did he say anything about you being checked out?

Mar 24, 2011, 08:10 PM
    He said the same thing happened to him, he said he saw a phsychatrist (sorry can't spell)

Mar 24, 2011, 08:11 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I told him I heard things, and my step sister knew before I told him and she finished it off telling g him about my dreams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Whisper Heat G20 - Need control board [ 7 Answers ]

Model # g20-q314-100-1 Serial # 5890A05729 Need a control board for this furnace. The Q314 in the Model# may be Q3/4. The auto setting on the thermostat will not activate the blower fan. I had an HVAC guy come out and diagnose and this is what he told me. Is a Lennox part the only way to go?...

Purex whisper flo [ 1 Answers ]

My pentair whisperflo 2hp pump makes a humming noise and won't pump.

Chamberlain Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener [ 1 Answers ]

When we had an electrical Storm and I opened my garage door on the next day, they door went open but would not close again. I have electristity in the Garage, just the opener will not work anymore. I have a Chamberlain whisper Drive 1/2 H. P. Could someone please tell me what to do with that,...

My Whisper Heat by Lennox starts up with a big bang. [ 3 Answers ]

My name is wally 213. My Whisper Heat by Lennox starts up with a big bang. Then it seems to run fine. The SER. Is 5893A12778 It sounds like it could be very dangerous and I need to know what the problem might be. I hope you can help me. The furnace is 17 years old, so it could be a number of...

Purex Triton Whisper Flo failure, cuts out power fuse [ 1 Answers ]

The 9year old Purex whisper flo seem to have sufficient power, but after 5-10 minutes ( I think) is the source of power surge so the fuse box fuse goes out. Any one else experienced the similar problem? Just want to make sure before I purchase the motor. Thanks

View more questions Search