Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdaftari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Purex Triton Whisper Flo failure, cuts out power fuse
    The 9year old Purex whisper flo seem to have sufficient power, but after 5-10 minutes ( I think) is the source of power surge so the fuse box fuse goes out. Any one else experienced the similar problem? Just want to make sure before I purchase the motor.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 10:46 AM
    I don't think you mean power surge in this situation. After the 9 minutes the breaker pops, that's not a power surge but an overload on the breaker. Lets say your motor draws 13 amps and you have a 15 amp breaker, now why would that ever pop you say. As a motor ages with wear and tear it can start to breaker down and have an increased draw. As this motor heats up it could start to pull 16 amps. It is likely the motor but further electrical testing with instruments would help you pin point it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purex Triton Whisperflo pump failure [ 2 Answers ]

For my in-ground pool I have a 7-year old Purex Triton Whisperflo pump with a 1.5 HP Magnatek Centuriom motor. Just after heavy rain with the pool flooded the motor now keeps shutting itself off every few minutes, sounds weak and smells burnt. I assume it is the end of the motor? A local service...

Power out, but not a fuse [ 4 Answers ]

I was working in the garage and the power went out but I didn't blow a fuse. What could be the problem?

Generator power output cuts in and out [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a Coleman Generator a few months ago and I have it connected to an inverter. The inverter is connected also to 16 "deep cycle" batteries and usually powers the house from solar panels. Everything has been working terrific until last night when the generator began cutting in and out. It...

98 Honda Civic Power Failure [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was driving my 98 honda civic, drove it probably 20 miles then I look down and the battery light went on I was okay maybe my battery is not charging. Then the SRS light came on, then my lights dimmed really bad, then the whole dash went out. So I started to head back to my house because...

PF power failure indicator lights up frequently [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I applogize if this is a repeat question, but I am new to the process. I have a Sears Elite Catalyst Washing Machine that keeps illuminating a PF (power failure) light. I have to keep plugging the power cord in and out of the outlet several times before the washer works. I notice that...

View more questions Search