Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doin2_4theprice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Water continues to trickle
    I'm replacing the water diverter in the hall bath. To do so, I have to cut the existing copper pipes (Which have no direct shut-off valve attached) and sweat on new ones. I've turned off the water shut off at the front of the house, not at the street, the hot water outlet on the water heater, and opened all the faucets, flushed the toilets etc.. The garden hose attachment at the water shut-off still trickles water in a steady stream. So does the existing diverter valve. Not much pressure, but could fill a cup in a minute. Is the system just bleeding? Because it doesn't seem to be letting off. Is there a vacuum back draining the water heater? Or is the main shut off not working?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 20, 2007, 11:10 AM
    The main shut off sounds like it needs a new washer. To drain the system, open the lowest faucet in the system and open up the highest one to break vacume. You do not need to drain the water heater. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Water in One Bathroom Now a Trickle [ 5 Answers ]

Turn fawcet to the right and we get a trickle of cold water. To the left and it's full-on hot water. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Cold Water work, Hot water is only a trickle [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I've had a drop in the volume of hot water that is coming through my system. It is a problem on every faucet in the house. The cold water pressure is GREAT. The house is 7 years old, and I believe that it has copper tubing throughout. I've been digging around for solutions to this for...

Basement Drain trickle feed [ 1 Answers ]

My basement drain has a trickle feed from the back of the laundry sink, each time a tap is used water flows to drain. Using a carpet cleaner from tap caused a back pressure which leaked at back of sink. My question is: Is this trickle necessary and is it deliberately fitted loosely to create a...

Hot water pressure reduces to a trickle [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water in my shower, the pressure drops and trickles out of the shower head. It only seems to be the hot side which leads me to believe that there might be an issue with the water heater. I think it drops in the bathroom sink as well but not the kitchen sink. The water...

View more questions Search