Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwmgwrach Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Basement Drain trickle feed
    My basement drain has a trickle feed from the back of the laundry sink, each time a tap is used water flows to drain. Using a carpet cleaner from tap caused a back pressure which leaked at back of sink. My question is: Is this trickle necessary and is it deliberately fitted loosely to create a ventura effect when in use?
    Thanks in anticipation
    Alan
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 12, 2006, 01:28 PM
    This is called a trap primer and is used so that the trap seal does not evaporate. If the floor drain's used the primer's unnecessary. If not used too often you can still disconnect the primer and fill the floor drains trap with motor oil that will not evaporate. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure reduces to a trickle [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water in my shower, the pressure drops and trickles out of the shower head. It only seems to be the hot side which leads me to believe that there might be an issue with the water heater. I think it drops in the bathroom sink as well but not the kitchen sink. The water...

Basement drain, Where's it go? [ 3 Answers ]

My basement drain was set up as a basic shower drain, only much larger, (about the size of septic pipe). Does this go into the septic or just a drain field? THanks

Basement Drain? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new house, less than a year old. In the basement, the furnace and hot water tank are beside each other. In front and between them is a drain. Over the last week or so, I have noticed a puddle of water around the drain. It travels to the base of the furnace. There is...

Shower drain in basement [ 8 Answers ]

I bought a one-piece Lasco shower enclosure as part of finishing the basement bathroom. The PVC drain is plumbed in and sticks up about 6" out of the floor. There is also a large diameter black corrugated "hose" around it (I guess for when they poured the concrete floor around it.) I can cut this...

View more questions Search