Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedgurl123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 10:59 PM
    Adoption?
    I'm 13 and my parents are dead. I live with my brothers that I rarely ever see. I pay for everything in my house. Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 4 years and I can't have children so we are thinking of adopting. Is that lieagle?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2011, 11:26 PM

You are 13?? You have been dating since you are 9??

No, it is not legal for you to adopt. You have to be at least 18 and you will have to be married for at least a year (in most places).

Why do you think you can't have kids? Also, if you are sexually active your boyfriend might wind up in jail. Frankly your story is too far fetched to believe.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 28, 2011, 11:54 PM

How are you paying for everything? Do you have a job? Who in the world hired a 13 year old?

You've been dating your boyfriend since you were 9 years old. That's hard to believe. Also, how do you know you can't have kids? Are you sexually active? How old is your boyfriend. Where are your brothers that you rarely see? Who takes care of you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:30 AM

Let me see you need to be in foster care and the boyfreind needs to be in prison for abusing a child. Older brothers need to be in jail for neglect of a child.

Perhaps we can help get the police to your door so you can be helped.
    Are you near Whitby in Canada by any chance
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:52 AM

I was going to say lets give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say she accidentally hit the 1 key instead of 2 but... with the poor grammar, punctuation and spelling, I doubt it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2011, 10:17 AM

Isn't spring break over?

I don't even understand the question - is the question if the brothers can live off her; if she can get married; if she can adopt; something else.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Isn't spring break over?

I don't even understand the question - is the question if the brothers can live off her; if she can get married; if she can adopt; something else.
    It's barely started here near Panama City.

I read the question as being:
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedgurl123 View Post
    ... so we are thinking of adopting. is that lieagle?
    And, as previously noted, the answer would be "no".

I'm still curious regarding the age of the boyfriend. :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I want myself to adopted his daughter her mother will be having her right taken away at the end of this month. For non payment of court order child support. We were wondering about how much it would cost us?

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Stephen I was born in Launceston in 1957 I was adopted two years later. All my life I have woundered who I am and where I belong, am married with two grown up children, I no very little about my family I have regestered with a adoption site but not much luck dose any one else out...

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Adoption, [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a registery where biological parents, mothers can go to help their children find them?

View more questions Search