Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mortort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 09:19 PM
    Tenants rights in regards to sale of home and allowing accees for buyers/ Real estate
    In NJ, what is considered "reasonable" in regards to allowing access to ones rented townhome for buyers and real estate agents. What rights does a tenant have as to be able to still dwell in the home without needing to open their home every day for buyers...

Is it One open house. Is it once a week, more...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 07:13 AM

Hello m:

I don't know what's "reasonable". It's left for us to decide... But, if your life is being disrupted, and your landlord is NOT being reasonable, you can REFUSE to let them in... It IS a two way street.

I think an open house once a week is cool - one every day isn't. If they give you 24 hours notice, that would be reasonable. If they just stop by and want in, that isn't, and I wouldn't.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida real estate laws about leasing a home that is now a short sale [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into a house with a year lease through the owner and have now been informed that the house is a short sale. What are my rights as a tenant and if the home is purchased will my lease be honored

Real Estate agent is lying to prospective buyers! Am I liable? [ 3 Answers ]

I got into an agreement with a real estate agent to show my country property. In hind sight I shouldn't have agreed to a 3 month contract! Now my financial circumstances are such that I don't need to sell (fully retired). But I have found out/overheard her telling a lot of crap to prospective...

View more questions Search