Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yvonne5469 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 06:13 PM
    I have a 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva.
    I went to start my car and tried putting it into gear, but the gearshift would not move. Can you tell me what is wrong with my car?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 06:35 PM

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1838065
    Techsam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 10:01 PM
    Yes your brake light switch is bad, see if you have brake lights if not then change the brake light switch and you will be fine. The shifter is powered through the brake ligh switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 oldsmobile 88 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

97 olds 88 won't start,it does not have any fire,changed crank sensor and ignition module,still no spark... can anybody direct me to what might cause this PLEASE..

Automotive oldsmobile [ 0 Answers ]

2001 oldsmobile alero... I took the door panel off drivers side & replaced regulator for the window , after I got it back together and hooked up all the plugs... the window works fine now but I'm getting a beeping noise from the door speaker... what the ...

95 Oldsmobile Aroura [ 4 Answers ]

I have changed my transmission filter and will not change gears :confused:when I tried to drive.

Quick and temp fix for cylinder lock 94 achieva [ 2 Answers ]

My cylinder lock is broke and key won't turn ignition. Tried moving the steering wheel and key won't work. Have work in the morning . Is there a way to break, rig, etc... to fix till tomorrow so I can make it to work. The steering is locked too

View more questions Search