Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denekot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 09:46 PM
    Why won't my ear piercing heal?
    Got my ear lobe pierced in December but I had to go to school so I took out the earring after 3 weeks and put in the thing from the brush(after soaked in alcohol) and about 2 weeks later I've been taking it out to put in earrings to go out.. its February now and I took it out again and it still hasn't healed yet and still hurts when I try to put earring in and I can feel a lump in each ear lobe by the piercing.. any advice?
    tinkeys Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 09:54 PM
    Should leave it in longer
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 10:05 PM

Are you not allowed to wear earrings to school?

By putting in the "thing from the brush" which I'm assuming is the plastic spoke thingy on a brush, the earring hole has started to close around the plastic spoke. So, every time you put in an earring, you're essentially re-piercing your ear.

The lump is most likely from your ear being irritated by the constant re-piercing. At this point the bump should be checked out by a doctor.

Put your piercing studs back in, and leave them in. Swab with rubbing alcohol once a day, and make sure to turn the earring a few times a day. If you can't wear earrings to school then it's best to let the holes grow in and get your ears pierced when you can actually follow the steps needed after a piercing.
    denekot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 10:26 PM
    No I'm a boy so I'm unable to wear them in school, what if I just leave in the plastic spoke for the weeks until it heals fully while cleaning it daily?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 10:39 PM

The plastic spoke won't do the trick. It's not hypoallergenic, even if you soak it in alcohol, which is also why you're having issues. Also, it's not thick enough to keep the hole big enough for an earring.

The only options are to keep the piercing earring in, or take it out and let the hole close. The bump in the back may never go away though. You'll want to have that checked by a doctor.
    rashad2754 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Yea I did the same thing as that guy did and 2 time the lump got small and I thought it was going to heal but after I lost my medicated earing I started weraring non medicated ones and when going to school I put in the strings from my brush too so waz up wit that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take 4 belly piercing to heal? [ 2 Answers ]

Some people are telling me to wait 4-6 weeks to take out the belly ring and put in a new 1 and some people are saying wait 6 months so which one is it?

How long will it take for my Cartilage piercing to heal ? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically, ive had this cartilage piercing for 2 and a half weeks now and it still hurts to sleep on, touch, and twist, when I clean it after it turns red and stings :S , is this normal ?

Why won't my cartilage piercing heal? [ 1 Answers ]

It's been two years since the cartilage on my upper ear has been pierced. It looks healthy on either side, but when I go to change the earring it's really painful and bleeds a bit. When I first changed it to a post-type earring, it seemed to have done better than when the original hoop earring was...

Will my tongue piercing heal? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I was just wondering I got my tongue pierced and the piercer didn't give me a long enough barbell for my tongue. The swelling has gone down a lot, and I had just noticed that the barbell had sunk into my tongue and left a dip. 3/4 of the barbell is in my tonge and I was just wondering if...

View more questions Search