Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badrabi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 05:46 AM
    480 v machine
    Dear sir
    The rated voltage in our country is 415 v but I received medical machine of 480v , can we feed it by 415 v source or we have to install step up transformer .
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Electrcial devices usually will operate with the voltage + or - 10%. 415 falls out of that tolerance from 480 volts.

You can use a "Buck-Boost" transformer(s) to boost the 415 to 480 volt, nominal.

Take a look at page 204 of:
    http://www.solaheviduty.com/products...bselect3ph.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

480 v 3 phase [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a fairly new plant technician.. but our company just purchased a rotary die cutter that requires 480v 3 phase at 30 amps our plant only has 220V 3 phase.. What kind of transformer do we need to step up the voltage like that.. I believe that we will be drawing 60 amps from 220 correct?

Display permanently set at 640 by 480, and mouse doesn't show... [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the problem. I recently restored my registry using scanreg, and since then my computer worked fine. For about a day. ;>.> Now, the display is always set at 640 by 480, and my mouse doesn't show up at all. It's as if there isn't one there to begin with. I tabbed in and tried to...

480 volt in a residence [ 3 Answers ]

I am restoring a 100 year old home and installing central hvac. My electrician can get my units at a tremendous bargain, however, they are 480 volt. Unit alone savings would be 15,000. I have not yet installed the new panels in the house. Is it feasible and possible to put in a 480 volt panel?

480 volt ballast [ 1 Answers ]

Hello currently looking at setting up 480 volt 1000 watt high pressure sodium ballasts. Primary power is 600 volts 60 amp. From that what is the max amps I can use at 480 volts? A qualified electrition will be doing that part... then the trick will be working with the wiring and setting up...

View more questions Search