Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    relationship123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Getting your boyfriend back after he is pulling away from the relationship
    I am in a relationship for a year now I know my mistake I have made. Leaving because we don't seee much of each other only to come back in two days this has been done at least four times by me. I will never do this again to him because it is stupid and getting him to pull away. When I do come back he says he missed me and loves me. How to get him to believe in me and trust I won't do this again? I feel he has need to do it in his own time when he is ready.
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Feb 1, 2011, 12:04 PM
    If you really want to be with him then stay and communicate... not run away.

If you are unsure leave for the last time and stop running him in cirlces its not fair to him.

Sounds like a communication breakdown to me. Talk to him about why you left the last times. It will probably take some work for him to trust you again.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Feb 1, 2011, 12:11 PM
    You are lucky he hasn't left you already... that's one heck of a rollercoaster you are putting this guy through!
    The only way for him to trust you again is for you to prove it too him! Trust is not just blindly given.. you have to earn it!
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2011, 12:28 PM

He maybe just giving you a taste of your own medicine! He could be showing you that leaving and coming back, then leaving and coming back is not a way to get reassurance or extra attention in a relationship.

This is the time for you to really make sure that he is the man you want. Are the reasons you leaving so many times still present in the relationship. Were they trivial enough that you have emotionally burned him out. If so, then have you really worked on your personel maturity to assure both of you that this will never happen again?

Give him time to see that you honestly are trying to grow as a individual.

Take care
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2011, 12:43 PM

I am confused, did he take you back yet again? How old are you both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend of 5 years is bored and pulling away from me. [ 9 Answers ]

5 years ago I met the man of my dreams. I love him to pieces, and I know that he loves me... well I think he does. Lately it has been getting really bad, he practically ignores me, he never holds my hand, or even touch me for that matter, we haven't had sex in like 2 months, we sleep with...

I think my boyfriend is pulling away. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Im 17 years old and I've been dating the same guy for a little over 2 years now. Up until about 2 weeks ago, we have been really happy. We had our fights, yes, but we always come back. But over the past month or so, I haven't seen much of him. He is 19, turning 10 in December. Do you think he...

Pulling skin back [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! Im 17 years old and I have this question that I don't really feel like sharing with my family. I have a problem pulling my penis skin back (sorry for bad english) when I have an erection - The skin would go back but quite hardly and it doesn't feel right. However I can pull my skin back...

Does he want a relationship with me or is he pulling away? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I posted this in relationships, and got some nice answers... there are some additional details I wanted to post, so I hope you guys can give me some insight. Very confused right now... thanks... So here's the deal... met this guy last year a few weeks before he got deployed to iraq. We...

Messed up relationship but I want my boyfriend back [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've got a really long story it started about 3 and a half years ago I was on a dating website and a boy messaged me with no picture or anything asking me to add him to my msn and for some reason I did, we started talking on msn but I gave him a false name because I had no idea who he was, then...

View more questions Search