Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shablue55 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 11:28 AM
    06 Escape going through gas
    My 06 Escape is going through so much gas, just under 1/4 tank in about 40 miles. Would this have anything to do with the injector system or what other things should I look at? It has a small 3litre engine. I had a mechanic put there computer on and the computer says that the injectors are sitting in the rich all the time and the suv's computer is telling the injector not to switch over to lean after it gets going. Anybody else having this same problem if so can they tell me.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2011, 11:34 AM

Read the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post293582

I would, particularly, focus on Item 7, Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor. Simple job to replace the ECT Sensor.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jan 31, 2011, 01:18 PM
    It appears there is a problem with the ECM and the O2 Sensor circuit. When the O2 sensors see that there is too little or too much oxygen in the exhaust , the ECM adjusts the amount of fuel going to the injectors. A diagnostic tool (OBDII) code determining tools should tell you where it is bad. There should be a way to clear any existing codes then run the vehicle a bit then recheck the diagnostics. This may be best dealt with by a Ford Dealer. You would be surprised what they have in their bags of tricks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need an escape. [ 4 Answers ]

Im not talking about emotional escapes, or suicide, or so on (it is a prominent feature in my life, but that isn't the question here). Basically, in 2 years I will have finished the academic course I'm doing at the moment. I originally had a plan, and a career path, but it was only chosen...

I Need an Escape Badly [ 104 Answers ]

Well, I just lost two of my best friends in a fight... and I'm kind of, bisexual and liked one of them... she was my best friend and she kind of liked me back. She said a few days ago that I was her best friend but she needs a break from me and she don't know if she's going to come back. I've...

I want to get away and escape! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Having recently split up with my long term boyfriend I've been overun by thoughts that I just want to get away and do something with my life while Im still young. The break up has left me devastated as I really did think he was the one I would end up with, but I guess things can change...

Escape clauses [ 16 Answers ]

Is there any such thing as a 72 hour escape clause law on general contracts in Ontario, Canada for selling or purchasing an item. Not real estate related?

I cannot escape [ 5 Answers ]

It’s been a year and two months. They try to tell you love fades with time, but I tell you there is no such thing as time. I had been with this guy for about a year a half starting the summer before my senior year in high school. He was never that great of a guy. The first six months of us being...

View more questions Search