Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BronxSam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
    How do I go about changing ownership deed of a house I inherited in NY?
    How do I go about changing ownership deed of a house I inherited in NY? I need to change deed to my name form my grandmothers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2011, 12:47 PM

Are you the executor of her estate? The executor will need to submit a deed of transfer to transfer the deed from the estate into your name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on inherited property (had to pay off sibling to get 100% ownership) [ 5 Answers ]

My mother passed away in May of 2010 and I had to pay my brother $68,000 to buy out his part of the house. There was not enough money in the living trust to give him 50% of the estate nor was the house specifically left to me. Will I owe any taxes on the house. I plan to live there and have no...

Changing my name on the deed to my house [ 4 Answers ]

The deed to my house has my prior married name on it. Must I change it to my current legal name before selling the house. If so, how do I go about changing it... Live in Ohio.

Transfer Ownership of Inherited Property to Another Heir [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died without a will and left her home to us, her 5 daughters. She wanted the home to be sold and the money divided between us, but one sister wants to buy the house herself. What form must we fill out to completely transfer our ownership of the house to the 5th sister? I mean,...

Deed and the ownership of the house [ 3 Answers ]

I and my husband built a house in 2001. We both signed the first papers I thought those were the final papers. However, when house finished he signed the final papers by himself -i had at that time some health issues and did not know that I do have to sign the final papers in order to be owner of...

Changing the deed to a house in NYC [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, new here so forgive me if I post this in the wrong forum. My question is - how do I go about changing the deed to a house in New York City? My parents names are on the deed currently, but my father passed away last August. I live in the house with my mother, she's 73 years old and disabled. ...

View more questions Search