Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minimalibu113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 04:05 PM
    He no longer loves me after 8 years together. Will he come back?
    My boyfriend recently split up with me. We were together for 8 years and we were each others first love. We met when we were 16. We have had such a great relationship, with its ups and downs of course, but we get on so well and I thought we had something very special. He told me about a month ago that he no longer loves me and that he wants to be on his own, and experience life on his own. He moved away from me 8 months ago, to further his career. I was always very supportive of him and let him do his thing. I understand that being apart can affect a relationship but I can't help but feel that he has thrown a great thing away. I feel lonely, sad and depressed and constantly think of him. His father is very sick too and I feel that he is running away from all his commitments in life to think of himself. Can anyone help make sense of all this?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 04:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I know how difficult it is. He could very well be running away from commitment. You are both the age where people start thinking about marriage, especially when you have been together so long. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do about it. He has to decide for himself what he wants. It may be that in moving away he has found he likes his independence. He may need to experience single life.

The best thing you can do now is to accept that this is where you are at, and to figure out where to go from here. It's time to devote your attention to you and what you want. Are you in school? Working? Are you happy with what you are doing? Is there anything you would like to learn about? Are you taking good care of yourself - eating right, sleeping, exercising? You will get through this ordeal easier if you have a plan, keep busy, and move forward.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2011, 05:21 AM

You have been together a really long time, and it will take a long time to really accept that you are on your own now. See it as a challenge to find out what kind of life you want for yourself. I don't think he will be back, and I don't think he wants what you want right now, but you are both young, and he wasn't ready to settle down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend of 3 years no longer wants to be intimate [ 25 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend for over 3 years, and the majority of our relationship is going great. We have one of those relationships where we spend a lot of time together and still have lots of things to talk about. We make little sacrifices for each other, and in general the relationship is...

I am 16 years old and I want my mom to no longer have custody of me what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 and I do not live with my mother or father I left home due to curcumstances beyond my control. I now live with my 25 year old cousin who is taking care of me. I have a relationship with both my mother and father however my mother is mentally unstable. She is on medical leave of absence from...

Fianc?e says she loves me but is no longer in love with me. [ 5 Answers ]

We were engaged just over 2 months ago, and have been together for almost 2 years. We have booked a wedding venue, photographer, and a DJ. We have been living together for a year, and just finished completely renovating her condo. We both have places, and I had previously moved a renter into my...

Married 3 years, together 9--he is no longer attracted [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for 9 years. We have only been married for 3. I do not feel that he is sexually attracted to me anymore. We can go weeks without intercourse and it does not seem to phase him. I use to argue with him and get upset and hurt. Anymore, it does not seem worth arguing...

My partner no longer loves me [ 5 Answers ]

:( I always thought we were the perfect match until the day I told my partner that I was pregnant with our first child, he had always said he wanted us to have children but once it happened something inside him changed, he didn't want to have the baby and made it very obvious to everyone, after a...

View more questions Search