Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caragwen79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 12:03 PM
    Pregnancy Bleeding
    I am currently 8 1/2 weeks pregnant. 2 days ago I experienced vaginal bleeding that was a bit heavier than spotting. I had spotted for 4 days before that but didn't worry because I had spotting all during my last pregnancy two years ago. My question is this: last pregnancy and this one the dr. always say 'Bleeding isn't normal, but it happens, we just don't know why.' I would like to know why. What's different with this bleeding is I'm having cramping and bad diarrhea type cramping. I've had an ultrasound and bloodwork and my rhogam shot and so far so good. I just would like my doubt and worry put to rest and just have a good reason as to why I'm bleeding during my pregnancies. If you can offer any information, I'd be grateful. Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 12:09 PM

As you have been told... bleeding isn't normal, but it happens and sometimes we can't explain it.

Bleeding can happen for a number of reasons: placenta previa, intercourse, over exertion, and then there are reasons we don't know of.

At 8 weeks, if you are bleeding AND cramping, you need to get in touch with your doctor as this might be a threatened miscarriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding During Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi this is my first pregnancy I'm 22 years old 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant 9 days ago I started spotting it was pinkish then turned brown then red it was a weekend I waited till Monday called my doctor and went to see him my cervix was closed my blood test turn out okay but I'm still bleeding it...

Bleeding after pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

How long do you normally bleed after pregnancy? I gave birth to my daughter on Feb. 23rd and am still bleeding. It was a vaginal birth and I am breastfeeding but it just seems like a long time ago to still be bleeding this much. Is this normal?

Bleeding in pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I start to bleeding thuesday and it is not a lot but is like water very red and having now pain is this OK as I am 11 weeks

Bleeding during pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bleeding for about 4 days now. I am 5-6 weeks along. No severe cramping just uncomfortable. I had a vaginal ultrasound done and my OB said he could not see the baby but could see the yolk sac and that I had not had a miscarriage and to come back in a week because they usually hide at...

Bleeding During Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Im 7 weeks pregnant with my first child! Two days ago, I began darkly spotting. I went to the doctor, who said everything was fine. It got worse yesterday as the blood became more redish so I returned and once again. After multiple tests, I was reassured I was fine. Now I am passing tissue and...

View more questions Search