Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starry night Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Bleeding During Pregnancy
    Im 7 weeks pregnant with my first child! Two days ago, I began darkly spotting. I went to the doctor, who said everything was fine. It got worse yesterday as the blood became more redish so I returned and once again. After multiple tests, I was reassured I was fine. Now I am passing tissue and having period like bleeding. Is this normal or are my fears of miscarriage going to be confirmed?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Please understand that some women do indeed have periods while pregnant. While it is not rare, it is uncommon.

With the info you are giving us here, I would suggest you contact your doctor once again since you say you are "passing tissue."

Please explain to the doctor all of the fears you have expressed to us. He/she is the only one who can put your mind at ease since he/she has your history & physical on file in his/her office.

Please call and talk to a nurse in his/her office.

Keep us posted on what is happening.

And welcome to AMHD, you will get some wonderful advice and support here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tell me what you think... the company I work for has an outside third party company that handles payroll and insurance. Our open enrollment is in January and July. In January we got a new company and after reviewing the benefits and the premiums I agreed. In February I found out that I was...

Bleeding and cramping in early pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having mild cramping on and off for the past week. Today I started bleeding with stronger cramping. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month. I am about 4 days shy of when my period would normally start (and I'm usually regular), and tried a early detection...

Bleeding during pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bleeding for about 4 days now. I am 5-6 weeks along. No severe cramping just uncomfortable. I had a vaginal ultrasound done and my OB said he could not see the baby but could see the yolk sac and that I had not had a miscarriage and to come back in a week because they usually hide at...

Implantation bleeding or pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi folks, I had my last period on July 10th -13th ,then I didn't get my period at all,tthen on 18th aug I tried pregnancy test,it turned to be negative,I had my early symptoms,I was playing badmiton on 17th,then on 18th a few spots of pink colored started,it was for 2 days,then on 3rd day it was...

Please, ectopic pregnancy? Implantation bleeding? Or period? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a bit early on to ask I suppose, but when it comes to my girlfriend's health I really would rather be safe than sorry. Her period for the past 3 years has been like clockwork, no more than a day off of her last period. We had an excessive amount of PROTECTED sex last month (condom, she is...

View more questions Search