Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Titan_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 03:17 PM
    Can you vent a bathroom exhaust into a vent pipe from your water closet?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 03:18 PM

No, No and No.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 04:32 PM

And no
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 05:24 PM

Just to be clear, no. Got to take it outside separately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Share bathroom and kitchen exhaust vent [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to put in an exhaust vent for my bathroom in the basement. I have two questions. First, does the roughed in usually have the trap pre-installed for the shower under the floor? Second, Can I run the bathroom vent to the kitchen exhaust pipe and have it run to the outside. In...

How can I vent a bathroom exhaust fan in basement? [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a 4 yr old 2-story home with a full basement. The plumbing is roughed in and the vent for the drain is stubbed out for me so I appear to be in good shape for finishing out the bathroom. However, I believe I am required by code to install an exhaust fan and need to find...

Roof Leak near exhaust vent pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I apparently have a leak from the second floor roof. Roofer says it is the plastic boot which is about 8 years old and probably has a crack in it. The cost he quote to replace al 4 boots was about $900. That seems high to me. He said he would replace with an aluminum boot. Thanks.

Should I vent bathroom exhaust fan? [ 6 Answers ]

I just discovered that our exhaust fan dumps directly into the attic. There's no duct out through the roof. I know it SHOULD have a duct, but is it imperative? Am I destroying the attic? There are two attic vents on either side of the attic which is where, I assume, the moisture is leaving....

Water closet vent [ 4 Answers ]

I know 2 inch is a standard vent for a water closet with a 3 inch drain. I have seen an illustration using a 1 1/2 inch drain at the water closet. I need to run a 1 1/2 inch vent from a low heel 3 inch elbow to fit in the space I have. Can I run this for the first 4 feet horizontally until I can go...

View more questions Search