Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mouzer Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jan 13, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Laptop won't get out of hibernate mode
    About a year ago, I got a DELL. I'm not quite sure what model it is... but when I close it, and open it up again it does not want to start up, and all I get is a black(ish) screen. I can tell it's on because the lites indicate it is on sleep mode. What is this caused by?
    ---------------
    Thanks,

J
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Jan 13, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Did you try pressing escape to get if off sleep mode? Does this happen if you put it manually on sleep mode and then press any button? You can just disable sleep mode when you close your laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

4month old compaq laptop won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

HI, If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. My Compaq Presario V5204NR Will not load windows. When I first turn it on, it displays a screen about an inconvience and list a few ways to boot, safe mode being one of them. It will not work from any of them, it starts running windows xp, then...

View more questions Search